Wireless Seatbelt Latch Status Indicator
Road transportation is an integral part of our daily life. Millions of deaths occur due to road accidents. Thus, safety becomes crucial when it comes to opting for road transport. This paper proposes a wireless seatbelt latch system that is cost-effective and requires a set of electronic components and a sensor which detects the status of the seatbelt and transmits to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) of the car. The proposed system is tested and validated using Proteus software.
- 1.Leen, G., Heffernan, D.: Expanding Automotive Electronic Systems (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.LED and CMOS Image Sensor Based Optical Wireless Communication System for Automotive Applications (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Bai, F., Krishnan, H., Sadekar, V., Holland, G., ElBatt, T.: Towards characterizing and classifying communication-based automotive applications from a wireless networking perspective (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Bai, F., Krishnan, H.: Reliability Analysis of DSRC Wireless Communication for Vehicle Safety Applications (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Kisic, M.G., Blaz, N.V., Babkovic, K.B., Zivanov, L.D., Damnjanovic, M.S.: Detection of Seat Occupancy Using a Wireless Inductive Sensor (2017)Google Scholar