Design of a Spiral-Shaped Slotted Multiband Antenna
In the proposed paper, a spiral-shaped multiband antenna has been designed for various wireless applications. Antenna can efficiently support four different frequencies as 2.5, 3.8, 4.8, and 6.3 GHz coming under the band of different wireless applications such as GSM, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, WLAN, WiMAX, and some defense applications. To obtain the multiple bands, multiple spiral-shaped slots are provided with the rectangular patch. Design results of VSWR, surface current, and return loss S11 are shown in this paper. This design is simulated using CST Software.
KeywordsFrequency bands Impedance matching Multiband antenna Spiral shape
- 1.Ali M, Okoniewski M, Stuchly MA, Stuchly MM (1999) Dual frequency strip-sleeve monopole for laptop computers. IEEE Trans Antennas Propag 47(2):317–323. ISSN 0018-926XGoogle Scholar
- 2.Best SR (2008). Electrically small multiband antennas. In: Sanchez-Hernandez DA (ed) Multiband integrated antennas for 4G terminals. Artech House, Boston, USA, pp 1–32. ISBN 978-1-59693-331-6Google Scholar
- 3.Nashaat D, Elsadek H, Ghali H (2004) Multiband miniaturized PIFA for compact wireless communication applications. Microw Antenna Opt Technol Lett 42(3):230–235Google Scholar
- 4.Chung Y, Jeon S-S, Kim S, Ahn D, Choi J-I, Itoh T (2004) Multifunctional microstrip transmission lines integrated with defected ground structure for RF front-end application. IEEE Trans Microw Theory Tech 52(5):1425–1432Google Scholar
- 5.Mandal, MK, Sanyal S (2006) A novel defected ground structure for planar circuits. IEEE Microw Wirel Compon Lett 16(2):93–95Google Scholar