Design of Octagonal and Decagonal Lattice Photonic Crystal Fiber for Achieving Ultra Low Flattened Dispersion
This paper presents some key concepts of design and optimization of solid core photonic crystal fiber (PCF) based on different geometries for broadband applications. The three different geometrical structures, hexagonal, octagonal, and decagonal of photonic crystal fiber, are designed for different air filling fractions at pitch length 2 μm. The parameters affecting the light propagation through PCF structure such as effective refractive index, chromatic dispersion, mode effective area, nonlinear coefficient, and V parameter are numerically analyzed and compared using finite element method (FEM) on COMSOL Multiphysics software.
KeywordsPhotonic crystal fiber (PCF) Chromatic dispersion Effective mode area Finite element method V parameter
The author wishes to acknowledge DST Rajasthan, India for funding this Project.
- 1.Zolla F, Renversez G, Nicolet A, Zolla E (2001) Foundations of photonic crystal fibresGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kaijage SF, Namihira Y, Begum F, Hai NH, Razzak SMA, Kinjo T, Miyagi K, Nozaki S, Zou N (2009) Highly nonlinear and polarization maintaining octagonal photonic crystal fiber in 1000 nm regions. https://doi.org/10.1109/OECC.2009.5214270
- 4.Habib SM, Motin MA, Hasan IM, Razzak SMA, Khan MGA (2013) Dispersion and confinement loss control with decagonal photonic crystal fibers for wide band transmission systemsGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kaur A, Gupta DP, Devra S, Singh K (2016) Photonic crystal fiber: developments and applications. Res Cell An Int J Eng Sci Print 17:2229–6913Google Scholar
- 7.Akowuah EK, Ademgil H, Haxha S (2012) Design and analysis of photonic crystal fibres (PCFs) for broadband applications. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICASTech.2012.6381077
- 9.Sharma R, Sharma A, Sharma V, Santosh C (2015) Hybrid square lattice elliptical air hole photonic crystal fiber with doped core. Int J Adv Electron Electr Eng (IJAEEE) 4:5Google Scholar
- 11.Sharma R, Janyani V, Sharma A (2011) Design of elliptical air hole PCF with hybrid square lattice for high birefringence and a lower zero dispersion wavelength. Int J Comput Sci Emerg Technol 2:5Google Scholar