A New Technique to Construct Zero Cross-Correlation Code for SAC-OCDMA
Spectral amplitude coding-optical code division multiple access (SAC-OCDMA) systems reduce the multiple access interference (MAl) but they are affected by phase induced intensity noise (PIIN). Zero cross-correlation code (ZCCC) is the code with the property of zero cross-correlation. Due to its cross-correlation property, it is not affected by PIIN. ZCCC uses the direct detection (DD) technique to detect signals. DD technique reduces the complexity of receiver and uses fewer components. A new technique is proposed to construct ZCCC without mapping in 3 steps. The proposed ZCCC require less FBG at encoder and decoder compare to ZCCC. It has 1 s (wavelengths) in form of combination of all weights.
KeywordsSAC-OCDMA ZCCC Cross-correlation Direct detection BER
- 1.Kwong W, Prucnal P, Perrier P (1989) Synchronous versus asynchronous CDMA for fiber-optic LANs using optical signal processing. In: Global telecommunications conference and exhibition communications technology for the 1990s and beyond. GLOBECOM 89, vol. 2, IEEE, pp. 1012–1016Google Scholar
- 7.Hasoon FN, Aljunid SA, Abdullah MK, Shaari S (2006) Spectralamplitude coding OCDMA systems using enhanced double weight code. J Eng Sci Technolo 1(2):192–202Google Scholar
- 8.Zahid AZG, Hasoon FN, Shaari S (2009) New code structure for enhanced double weight (EDW) code for spectral amplitude coding OCDMA system. In: International conference on future computer and communication (ICFCC), pp. 658–661Google Scholar
- 11.Abda TH, Aljunid SA, Fadhil HA, Ahmad,RA, Saad NM (2011) Modeling and simulation of multi diagonal code with zero cross correlation for SAC-OCDMA networks. In: 2nd International conference on photonics, pp. 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICP.2011.6106829
- 12.Rashidi CBM, Aljunid SA, Ghani F, Anuar MS (2010) Development of modified zero cross correlation code for OCDMA network. In: International conference on photonics, pp. 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICP.2010.5604406