A Novel Method for Distortion Suppression in Radio over Fiber Communication Systems Using FBG
In this paper, a linearization method that reduces nonlinear distortion and increases receiver sensitivity of radio over fiber (RoF) links is discussed. The design also addresses the RoF system without significantly adding great expense and complexity to the system. The proposed method is capable of suppressing both second- and third-order distortions despite the RF carrier that is used. Additionally, it is shown to surpass the traditional RoF systems in terms of BER and receiver sensitivity.
KeywordsRoF Nonlinear distortion Linearization EAM FBG
- 1.Pradeep R, Vijayakumar N (2015) A novel single wavelength balanced technique to suppress second order distortion in RoF system. ICCC, Trivandrum, pp 429–432Google Scholar
- 2.Pradeep R, Seena R, Vijayakumar N (2014) A full duplex radio over fiber system using fiber bragg grating filter. In: ICCSC first international conference, IEEE conference publication, pp 139–143Google Scholar
- 5.Agarwal GP (2002) Fiber-optic communication systems. Wiley, New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hui R, Zhu B, Huang R, Allen Demarest CA, Richards D (March 2002) Subcarrier multiplexing for high speed optical transmission. J Light Technol 20(3)Google Scholar
- 8.Zin AM, Bongsu MS, Idrus SM, Zulkifli N (2010) An overview of radio over fiber technology. IEEEGoogle Scholar