Conventional DMTL Phase Shifter is Designed Without Meta-material and with Meta-material
Miniaturized antenna and phase shifter are designed for 10 GHz. The antenna is composed of a silicon substrate having high dielectric constant which reduces the size of the antenna. In this design, micro-machining concept is used to reduce the losses by removing some part of the silicon underneath the rectangular patch. DMTL phase shifter is designed and later stacked with meta-material complementary split ring resonator (CSRR) in the transmission line and ground plane of the coplanar waveguide to diminish the effective length of the CPW and increases phase shift, and both the results are discussed in this paper. Single-bit phase shifter for 90° is demonstrated, and the effect of loading is studied.
KeywordsMeta-material Miniaturized low-profile antenna Capacitive coupled feed Miniaturized phase shifter Radar antenna Phased array
- 1.Rebeiz GM, Tan GL, Hayden JS (2002) RF MEMS phase shifters: design and applications. IEEE Microwave MagGoogle Scholar
- 2.Rebeiz GM (2010) RF MEMS theory, design, and technologyGoogle Scholar
- 3.Sharma P, Koul SK, Chandra S (2007) Studies on RF MEMS shunt switch. Indian J Pure Appl Phys 45:387–394Google Scholar
- 4.Jose S, Vinoy KJ (2006) Design and optimization of broadband micromachined antenna. In: 2006 IEEE. 1-4244-0370-7/06Google Scholar
- 5.Sathanur AV, Vinoy KJ (2005) A design procedure for micromachined antennas on semiconductor substrates. In: 2005 IEEE. 0-7803-9503-4/05Google Scholar