Miniaturized High-Gain UWB Monopole Antenna with Dual Band Rejection Using CSRR
Ultra-wideband technology (UWB) is used for transmitting large amount of data over wide frequency range. There is always a trade-off between gain and bandwidth of micro-strip patch antenna for UWB. It is difficult to obtain wideband and high gain in an antenna simultaneously. In the proposed design, a compact, high-gain ultra-wideband tree-shaped radiating patch antenna with band notch characteristics is designed. The radiating patch is printed on FR4 substrate with permittivity 4.4. Tree-shaped radiating patch and defected ground structure (DGS) provides a wideband over 2.8–11.6 GHz frequency range. For providing stop-band notches in the existing wireless technologies, two complementary split-ring resonators (CSRRs) are used. By etching square complementary split-ring resonator (CSRR) in the feed, a stop-band notch at WLAN (5.1–5.9 GHz) frequency range is obtained, and a single CSRR in the patch provides a notch at WiMAX (3.3–3.6 GHz) frequency range. The antenna has varied positive gain over all the frequencies other than notched bands. Maximum gain of 5 dB at 9 GHz and minimum of 0.4 dB at 4 GHz is obtained. Antenna is simulated using high frequency structure simulator (HFSS) software. The designed antenna is validated by comparing simulated results with measured results.
KeywordsCSRR DGS Dual band Stop-band notches UWB
- 3.Jung J, Lee H, Lim Y (2008) Compact band-notched ultra-wideband Antenna. Electron Lett 44(6)Google Scholar
- 6.Kamma A, Shrikanth Reddy G, Mishra SK, Mukherjee J (2012) Printed band notched U shaped ultra wide band antenna with modified split ring resonator. In: 2012 IEEE Asia-Pacific conference on antennas and propagation, 27–29 Aug 2012Google Scholar
- 8.Xiaoyang C, Long J, Ming-Yang L, Qiang-Qiang Z, Qing-Ling Y (2015) Compact triple-band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna based on modified CSRR. In: IEEE 5th Asia specific conference on antenna and propagation 2015, pp 271–272. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/APCAP.2016.7843202
- 9.Anuja Raj N, Dwivedi RP (2015) Design and simulation of high gain antenna for X Band applications. Int J Appl Eng Res 10(6). ISSN 0973-4562 (© Research India Publications) Google Scholar
- 10.Dwivedi RP, Usha Kiran K, Veeramani (2015) Design and simulation of wideband antenna for wireless application. IEEE SPIN 2015, pp 15–18Google Scholar