Predict Stock Market Behavior: Role of Machine Learning Algorithms
The prediction of a dynamic, volatile, and unpredictable stock market has been a challenging issue for the researchers over the past few years. This paper discusses stock market-related technical indicators, mathematical models, most preferred algorithms used in data science industries, analysis of various types of machine learning algorithms, and an overall summary of solutions. This paper is an attempt to perform the analysis of various issues pertaining to dynamic stock market prediction, based on the fact that minimization of stock market investment risk is strongly correlated to minimization of forecasting errors.
KeywordsMachine learning algorithms Stock market prediction Efficient market hypothesis Ensemble machine learning
- 3.Robi Polikar, “Ensemble Learning, Methods and applications”, Date: 19 January 2012, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- 4.Machine learning algorithms, http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/whatisai/node2.html.
- 5.Robert Nau, http:blog.optiontradingpedia.com, besttradingplatformfordaytraders.blogspot.com.Google Scholar
- 6.Rupinder kaur, Ms. Vidhu Kiran, “Time Series based Accuracy Stock Market Forecasting using Artificial Neural Network”, IJARCCE. doi: https://doi.org/10.17148/IJARCCE, 2015.
- 7.AI Stock Market Forum: http://www.ai-stockmarketforum.com/.
- 8.How to Value Stocks using DCF and the Dangers of Doing, Do Fundamentals Really Drive The stock market? www.mckinsey.com, A Mckinsey report.
- 9.Ben McClure, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis, Investopedia, Investopedia.com, 2010 http://www.investopedia.com/university/dcf/.
- 11.http://www.angoss.com, Key Performance Indicators Six Sigma and Data Mining.pdf, 2011.
- 12.Forecasting home page (Introduction to ARIMA models), price Prediction Using the ARIMA Model-IEEE Xplore, UKSim-AMSS, 16th ICCMS, 2014.Google Scholar
- 15.Paliouras, Georgios, Karkaletsis, Vangelis, Spyropoulos, Machine Learning and Its Applications: advanced lectures, Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. New York, NY, USA 2001, table of contents ISBN-978-3-540-44673-6.Google Scholar
- 16.Alexandra L’Heureux; Katarina Grolinger, Hany F. El Yamany; Miriam Capretz, Machine Learning with Big Data: Challenges and Approaches, IEEE Access, 2017, doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2696365.
- 17.J. Huang, J. Lu and C. X. Ling, “Comparing naive Bayes, decision trees, and SVM with AUC and accuracy,” Third IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, 2003, pp. 553–556. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDM.2003.1250975.
- 18.Neelima Budhani, Dr. C.K. Jha, Sandeep K. Budhani, Application of Neural Network in Analysis of Stock Market Prediction, www.ijcset.com, IJCSET, 2012.
- 19.Maryam M. Najafabadi, Flavio Villanustre, Taghi M. Khoshgoftaar, Naeem Seliya, Randall Wald and Edin Muharemagic, Deep learning applications and challenges in big data analytics, Journal of Big Data, SpringerOpen Journal, 2015.Google Scholar
- 20.L. K. Hansen and P. Salamon, Neural network ensembles, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 9931001, 1990.Google Scholar
- 21.W. N. Street and Y. Kim, A streaming ensemble algorithm (SEA) for large-scale classification, Seventh ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery Data Mining (KDD-01), pp. 377382, 2001.Google Scholar
- 22.blog.cloudera.com.Google Scholar