Development of Performance Testing Suite Using Apache JMeter
Testing a product has become one of the most important tasks for any organization (Be it small scale or large scale). Without testing the product, it is not delivered to the customer. Testing is an ongoing activity from the beginning of a product’s development. A performance testing suite shall be developed using Apache JMeter for the purpose of testing a product. To perform performance testing on client- and server-type softwares, a 100% pure Java application named Apache JMeter is used. Apache JMeter is not a browser, it works at protocol level. Static and dynamic resources performance testing can be done using JMeter. A high level performance testing suite will be developed in capturing aspects of performance at UI and System level. Developing the testing suite helps in saving the time and cost of the organization. The discussion follows and describes benefits of performance testing and the performance testing suite.
KeywordsSilk performer Performance testing JMeter, etc.
The work of researchers and publishers is meant a lot to the author during the whole process. Author expresses regards for the same. Also the help by the professors proved to be of great use. Author would also like to thank Avaya India Pvt. Ltd. for giving this opportunity of working for Avaya. The suite developed during this project is specific to SMGR (product of Avaya India Pvt. Ltd.) as the project is sponsored by Avaya.
- 2.2016, Sharma, M., Iyer, V. S., Subramanian, S., & Shetty, A. Comparison of Load Testing Tools.Google Scholar
- 3.Vinayak Hegde, Pallavi. “Web Performance Testing: Methodologies, Tools and Challenges.”Google Scholar
- 4.2006, Vol. 45(3), pp. 463–480, Brown AW, Iyengar S, Johnston S. A Rational approach to model-driven development. IBM Systems Journal. 2006.Google Scholar
- 5.2016, Vol. 6(5), Bhatia R, Ganpati A. In Depth Analysis of Web Performance Testing Tools. 2016 Sep.Google Scholar
- 7.2013, pp. 429–434, Gao Q, Wang W, Wu G, Li X, Wei J, Zhong H. Migrating load testing to the cloud: A case study. InService Oriented System Engineering (SOSE), 2013 IEEE 7th International Symposium on 2013 Mar 25. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.2003, Vol. 26, Issue 8, pp. 888–898, Apte V, Hansen T, Reeser P. Performance comparison of dynamic web platforms. Computer Communications. 2003 May 20.Google Scholar
- 10.2014, pp. 314–318, Shenoy S, Bakar NA, Swamy R. An adaptive framework for web services testing automation using JMeter. InService-Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA), 2014 IEEE 7th International Conference on 2014 Nov 17. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 11.2010, Vol. 5, pp. 282–285, Jing Y, Lan Z, Hongyuan W, Yuqiang S, Guizhen C. JMeter-based aging simulation of computing system. In Computer, Mechatronics, Control and Electronic Engineering (CMCE), 2010 International Conference on 2010 Aug 24. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.2015, pp. 356–361, Ali A, Badr N. Performance testing as a service for web applications. InIntelligent Computing and Information Systems (ICICIS), 2015 IEEE Seventh International Conference on 2015 Dec 12. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 13.2016, pp. 1–5, Harikrishna P, Amuthan A. A survey of testing as a service in cloud computing. InComputer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), 2016 International Conference on 2016 Jan 7. IEEE.Google Scholar