Theory of Bayesian Optimization
Part of the SpringerBriefs in the Mathematics of Materials book series (BRIEFSMAMA, volume 3)
In this chapter, we introduce the theory of Bayesian optimization procedure and illustrate its application to a simple problem. A more involved application of Bayesian optimization will be presented in Chap. 3.
- 1.Rasmussen CE, Williams CKI. Gaussian processes for machine learning. MA, USA: The MIT Press; 2016 (Chapter 4).Google Scholar
- 3.R Core Team. R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R foundation for statistical computing. https://www.R-project.org/ (2017).
- 4.Frazier P, Wang J. Bayesian optimization for materials design. In: Lookman T, Alexander FJ, Rajan K, editors. Information science for materials discovery and design. Springer Series in Materials Science 225, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2016.Google Scholar
- 5.Miller I, Miller M. John E. Freund’s mathematical statistics with applications. 7th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA: Pearson Prentice-Hall; 2014.Google Scholar
- 6.Petersen KB, Pedersen MS. The matrix cookbook. http://matrixcookbook.com (Section 9.1.3). 15 Nov 2012.
© The Author(s) 2017