Design of an Efficient Rectifier Circuit Based on Karthaus-Fischer Voltage Multiplier for Energy Harvesting
Reduction in the usage of wires has been of significant importance to the power delivering process. Such transmission is obtained by using a rectenna which consists of a rectifier and an antenna. Antenna is used for receiving the signal, whereas the rectifier merely transforms the received RF signal into a DC signal. In this work, a rectifier circuit is designed for a 2.45 GHz GSM signal using Advanced Design System Software. Impedance matching of the antenna has been carried as per the matching circuit. Simulation of the circuit is carried out in order to analyze the power delivered. The Agilent HSMS 2862 Schottky diode is used for rectifying the signal in the voltage doubler circuit. DC voltage, current, and output power are plotted against input power. The rectifier designed can be used for ample number of applications in wireless transmissions.
KeywordsRF power DC output Impedance matching Voltage multiplier
- 1.W. C. Brown, “The receiving antenna and microwave power rectification”, Journal of Microwave Power, vol. 5, pp. 279–92, (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.Ungan, T., Reindl, L. M.: “Concept for Harvesting Low Ambient RF-SourceforMicrosystems”, http://www.imtek.de/content/pdf/public/2007/powermems_2007_paper_ungan.pdf, accessed 20th March (2010).
- 3.JiangWang, Liang Dong and Yuzhuo, Fu.: “Modeling of UHF voltage multiplier for radio-triggered wake-up circuit”, International Journal of Circuit Theory and Application, DOI:10.1002,(2010).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Arrawatia, M. S. Baghini and G. Kumar, “RF energy harvesting system at 2.67 and 5.8 GHz”, Proceedings of Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, 900–903, (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Jabbar, S. S. Young and T. J. Taikyeong, “RF energy harvesting system and circuits for charging of mobile devices”, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, 56(1): 247–253, (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.E. M. Ali, N. Z. Yahaya, N. Perumal and M. A. Zakariya “Design of RF to DC rectifier at GSM band for energy harvesting applications”, A Journal of Engineering, Science and Society, 10(2): 15–22, (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.Fabizio Congedo, “A 2.45 GHz Vivaldi Rectenna for the Remote Activation of an End Device Radio Node”, IEEE Sensor Journal, Vol. No. 10, pp. 1536–1225, (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.Haruichi Kanaya, “Energy Harvesting circuit on a One-Sided Directional Flexible Antenna”, IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 1351–1309, (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.K. Kaviarasu, V. Ganesh, “Design and Simulation of a 900 MHz Rectifier for Rectenna Applications”, IEEE ICCSP, (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.Asmita Rajawat, P.K. Singhal, “Design of Energy Efficient Voltage Multiplier Circuit for RF Energy Harvesting”, ETAEERE (2016).Google Scholar