Implementation of Smart Home Automation System on FPGA Board Using IoT
There has been a rapid introduction of network-enabled digital technologies in home automation. These technologies provide a lot of opportunities to improvise the connectivity of devices within the home. Internet helps to bring in with immediate solution for many problems and also able to connect from any of the remote places which contributes to overall cost reduction and energy consumption. Intelligence based on microprocessors is used by home automation to incorporate electronic structures in the household. The inducement in arrears’ home mechanization is economical application of electrical energy. Thus, a spread of analysis and lots of resolutions on home automation has been planned. These structures use laptop, mobile web, GSM Bluetooth, and Zigbee network, etc. (Di Carlo and Cove, Smart Homes (Home Automation)” ; Krishna and Nagendram, Int J Comput Technol Appl 3(1):163–168, 2012 ). The proposed system is made with the help of FPGA and Wi-Fi. The appliances are controlled wirelessly through mobile phone connected with Wi-Fi.
KeywordsIoT FPGA Home automation
- 1.A. S. Di Carlo and G. Cove, “Smart Homes (Home Automation)”, (2012) August 30, http://www.aging.ny.gov/livableny/resourcemanual/design/iv1c.pdf.
- 2.Y. B. Krishna and S. Nagendram, “Zigbee Based Voice Control System for Smart Home”, International Journal Computer Technology & Applications, vol. 3, no. 1, (2012), pp. 163–168.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Mardiana, H. Hazura, S. Fauziyah, M. Zahariah, A. R. Hanim and M. K. Noor Shahida, “Homes Appliances Controlled Using Speech Recognition in Wireless Network Environment”, International Conference on Computer Technology and Development (ICCTD), (2009), pp. 285–288.Google Scholar
- 4.N. P. Jawarkar, V. Ahmed and R. D. Thakare, “Remote Control using Mobile through Spoken Commands”, IEEE - International Consortium of Stem Cell Networks (ICSCN) 2007, (2007), pp. 622–625.Google Scholar
- 5.I. -K. Hwang, D. -S. Lee and J. -W. Baek, “Home Network Configuring Scheme for All Electric Appliances Using Zigbee-based Integrated Remote Controller”, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 55, no. 3, (2009) August, pp. 1300–1307.Google Scholar
- 6.M. S. Nasr, F. H. A. S. Azwai, “Friendly home automation system using cell phone and J2ME with feedback instant voice messages”, 2009 IEEE/ACS International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, (2009), pp. 531–538.Google Scholar
- 7.S. M. A. Haque, S. M. Kamruzzaman and Md. A. Islam, “A System for Smart-Home Control of Appliances Based on Timer and Speech Interaction”, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Electrical Engineering & 2nd Annual Paper Meet, (2006) January 26-28, pp. 128–131.Google Scholar
- 8.Pavithra.D, RanjithBalakrishnan “IoT based Monitoring and Control System for Home Automation”, Global Conference on Communication Technologies (GCCT 2015), 2015 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 9.Ming Wang, Guiqing Zhang, Chenghui Zhang, Jianbin Zhang, Chengdong Li, An IoT-based Appliance Control System for Smart Homes, 2013 Fourth International Conference on Intelligent Control and Information Processing (ICICIP) June 9 – 11, 2013, Beijing, China, 2013 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 10.Anish NK, Kowshick B, S.Moorthi, Ethernet based Industry Automation using FPGA, 2013 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 11.N. Kaimal, P. Jadhav, S.Rizvi, MamtaKhatu, “Implementation OfIoT For Home Automation,” IJEERT, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 7–11, Feb 2015.Google Scholar