Mitigation of Signal Interference by Positioning FFT Window for OFDMA System
In today’s generation, there is a need for achieving high-data rate to compete with the standard applications like OFDMA. The high speed depends on how efficiently the spectrum is being used to transmit the data from transmitter to the receiver. Due to the time-dispersive nature of the fast fading channels, the signal may get faded when reaching the receiver. The signal formed by group of symbols travels via multiple paths to reach the receiver. The fading caused by multipath propagation is called the multipath fading. To reduce the signal interference, many equalization technique algorithms have been proposed . Apart from equalization algorithms, FFT operation window can be positioned at the downlink module of OFDMA system ensuring all the symbols have been received at the receiver to reduce the interference and increase the SNR. ModelSim 10.2 and MATLAB have been used to simulate and compare the results. The simulation results of the proposed method show 4.8% significant improvement of SNR.
KeywordsOFDMA FFT Equalization algorithms Signal interference
- 1.Markus Rupp, “Convergence Properties of Adaptive Equalizer Algorithms” in IEEE Transactions on signal processing, VOL. 59, No. 6, June 2011.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Hari Krishna, K. Sivani, K. Ashoka Reddy, “Hardware implementation of OFDM transceiver using FPGA” in International Conference on Computer and Computational Sciences (ICCCS), 2015.Google Scholar
- 3.Chung-Ping Hung, Sau-Gee Chen and Kun-Lung Chen, “Design Of an Efficient Variable Length FFT Processor “in IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems.2004.Google Scholar
- 4.Van Duc Nguyen, H.P. Kuchenbecker, “Inter carrier and inter symbol interference analysis of OFDM systems on time-varying channels” 4th IEEE Workshop on signal processing Advances in Wireless Communications, 2003.Google Scholar
- 5.Yang yang Fan, Xue Chen, Weiqin Zhou, Xian Zhou, Hai Zhu, “The Comparison of CMA and LMS Equalization Algorithms in Optical Coherent Receivers” in 6th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM)- Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4244-3707-8.Google Scholar
- 6.Yao Liang, Weiou Zhou, Mingyu Zhou, Li He, “Research and implementation for 2D MMSE channel estimation” 12th International Conference on Signal Processing (ICSP)- 10.1109/ICOSP.2014.7015267.
- 7.Wei-Chang Chen, Char-Dir Chung, “Spectral Precoding for Cyclic-Prefixed OFDMA with Interleaved Subcarrier Allocation” in IEEE transactions on communications, vol. 61, No 11, Nov. 2013.Google Scholar
- 8.Jeffrey G. Andrews, Arunabha Ghosh, Rias Muhamed, Fundamentals of WiMAX: Understanding Broadband wireless Networking, Prentice Hall, 2007.Google Scholar