Linear Flight Control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
In this chapter, state feedback controller with the help of full state feedback method or pole placement technique is designed to stabilize the lateral dynamics of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Poles of the system are chosen such that system’s performance meets the design specifications with the help of MATLAB. This chapter also analyzes the transient specifications.
KeywordsUAV Pole placement technique State feedback controller
- 1.Fahlstrom, P.G. and Gleason, T.J. (2012), “Introduction to UAV Systems”, JOHN WILEY.Google Scholar
- 2.Franke, Ulrike Esther (26 January 2015). “Civilian Drones: Fixing an Image Problem?” ISN Blog. International Relations and Security Network. Retrieved 5 March 2015.Google Scholar
- 3.Ali, N. Gageik, and S. Montenegro, ‘‘A review on distributed control of cooperating mini UAVs,’’ Int. J. Artif. Intell. Appl., vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1–13, Jul. 2014. [Online]. Available: http://airccse.org/journal/ijaia/papers/5414ijaia01.pdf.
- 4.Chao, H. Cao, Y. Chen, Y. Q. (2007), “Autopilots for Small Fixed-Wing Unmanned Air Vehicles: A Survey”, Conference Proceedings, IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, Harbin, China, August, pp: 31443149.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Etkin, Dynamics of Atmospheric Flight. New York, NY, USA: Dover, 2005.Google Scholar
- 6.R. W. Pratt, Flight Control Systems: Practical Issues in Design and Implementation. Reston, VA, USA: AIAA, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.“Modelling, Simulation and Control System Design for Civil Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)”, Shahriar Bagheri.Google Scholar
- 8.“Performance Analysis of Controllers for Linear Single Track Model of Sedan Car”, by Alok Kumar Pandey and B. A. Swarup.Google Scholar