Defected Ground Structure Switchable Notch Band Antenna for UWB Applications
A defected ground structure notch band antenna is proposed in this work. The switchable characteristics for the designed notch band antenna are achieved through open-end slots on/off positions. The proposed DGS notch band antenna is capable of notching the frequency bands 3–4, 5.5–6.5 GHz, respectively. A high notch band rejection with VSWR greater than 2 and the return loss greater than −10 dB is achieved at the notching frequencies. The defected ground structure is providing balance in the impedance bandwidth to the designed models. By sorting the slots on the radiating structure, the tunability in the notching frequencies is attained in this paper. The antenna radiation characteristics and the surface current distributions at operating bands as well as at notch bands are presented in this work. The proposed notch band antenna is providing high rejection of gain in the notch band and average gain of 2.8 dB in the operating band.
KeywordsDefected ground structure Monopole antenna Notch band Switchability Ultra-wideband
Authors feel happy to acknowledge department of ECE, ECM, and management of KLU for the support during this work. Dr. B. T. P. Madhav likes to thank DST for their support through Grants ECR/2016/000569 and SR/FST/ETI-316/2012.
- 3.Schantz, H.: The Art and Science of Ultra-Wideband Antennas. Artech House, Norwood, MA (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ojaroudi, N.: Bandwidth improvement of monopole antenna using p-shaped slot and conductor-backed plane. Int. J. Wirel. Commun. Netw. Mobile Comput. 1, 14–19 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Raman, Y.S.V., Madhav, B.T.P., Mounika, G., Sai Teja, K., Sai Kumar, S.B.V.N., Sri Harsha, K.: Analysis of circularly polarized notch band antenna with DGS. ARPN J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 11(17), 10140–10150 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Madhav, B.T.P., Kumar, K.V.V.: Analysis of CPW fed step serrated ultra-wide band antenna on Rogers RT/Duroid substrates. Int. J. Appl. Eng. Res. 9(1), 53–58 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Jang, Y.W.: Experimental study of large bandwidth three-offset micro strip line-fed slot antenna. IEEE Microw. Wirel. Comput. Lett. 11, 425426 (2001)Google Scholar