This chapter outlines the systematic method used to complete the review of the cultural competence literature which informed the development of this book. The chapter outlines the review inclusion/exclusion criteria and search strategy; the process for identifying, screening and including publications, data extraction and analysis; and the limitations of the review.
- 2.M. Stephenson et al., International and comparative indigenous rights via videoconferencing. Legal Educ. Rev. 19, 237 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.T.D. Goode, M.C. Dunne, S.M. Bronheim, The Evidence Base for Cultural and Linguistic Competency in Health Care (The Commonwealth Fund, New York, 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools, Quality Assessment Tool for Quantitative Studies (McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, 2008)Google Scholar
- 6.CASP, Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP) Qualitative Research Checklist (Oxford, 2015)Google Scholar
- 8.A. Clifford et al., Cultural competency training and education in the university-based professional training of health professionals: characteristics, quality and outcomes of evaluations. Divers. Equal. Health Care 14(3), 136–147 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.C. Jongen, J. McCalman, R. Bainbridge, Health workforce cultural competency interventions: a systematic scoping review. BMC Health Serv. Res. (in press)Google Scholar