A Collapse in Regional Infrastructure
- 315 Downloads
How will “population decline” change the shape of the “regions?” We examine how a declining population makes maintaining essential infrastructure increasingly difficult.
- Automobile Inspection & Registration Information Association. (2015). 1.069 Automobiles per household—Ratio stays flat from previous year (Issetai atari 1.069 dai de zennendosuijun) (Press release, August). http://www.airia.or.jp/publish/file/r5c6pv0000003pun-att/r5c6pv0000003pv2.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- ANRE. (2014, July 8). Trends of volatile oil distributors and the number of gas stations based on registration (Kihatsuyu hanbaigyosha oyobi kyuyujo no suii). http://www.enecho.meti.go.jp/category/resources_and_fuel/distribution/hinnkakuhou/data/20140708_ss25fy.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Cabinet Office, Government of Japan. (2010, July). Research of Social withdrawal (Wakamono ishikini kansuru chosa (hikikomori ni kansuru jittai chosa) hokokusho). http://www8.cao.go.jp/youth/kenkyu/hikikomori/pdf/gaiyo.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Cabinet Office, Government of Japan. (2014, December). Headquarters for Overcoming Decline and Vitalizing Local Economy in Japan, Japan’s Long-term Vision and Comprehensive Strategy, http://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/singi/sousei/info/pdf/panf_eng.pdf, accessed on February 16, 2017.
- IPSS. (2011). Attitudes toward marriage and family among Japanese singles: The fourteenth Japanese national fertility survey in 2010—highlights of the survey results on singles. http://www.ipss.go.jp/site-ad/index_english/nfs14/Nfs14_Singles_Eng.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016.
- IPSS. (2012). Japan’s population forecast (Nihon no shorai suikei jinko), January 2012. http://www.ipss.go.jp/syoushika/tohkei/newest04/sh2401top.html, accessed on August 14, 2017.
- IPSS. (2013a). Future Projections of Household for Japan (National Estimate) (Nihon no setai su no shorai suikei zenkoku suikei), January 2013. http://www.ipss.go.jp/pp-ajsetai/j/HPRJ2013/t-page.asp, accessed on August 14, 2017
- IPSS. (2013b). Japan’s population forecast by region (Nihon no chiiki-betsu shorai suikei jinko). http://www.ipss.go.jp/pp-shicyoson/j/shicyoson13/1kouhyo/gaiyo.pdf, accessed on 2016, September 22 (in Japanese).
- JFA. (2015). Convenience store statistics data (Konbiniensu sutoa tokei deta). http://www.jfa-fc.or.jp/particle/320.html, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Kinki District Transport Bureau. (2004, March). Community Bus Introduction Guide.Google Scholar
- MEXT. (2015, January 27). Notice by Minister of education, culture, sports, science and technology. http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shotou/shugaku/detail/1354768.htm, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- MHLW (2014). Vital Statistics of Japan. (2013-nen Jinkou Doutai Hakusyo kakutei chi no gaikyou, Hyou 3-2) http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/saikin/hw/jinkou/kakutei13/index.html, accessed on August 8, 2017
- MIC. (2009). Statistics Bureau, 2009 Economic census for business frame. http://www.stat.go.jp/english/data/e-census/, accessed on September 22, 2016.
- MIC. (2008). Excellent business cases of year 2008 (Heisei 20-nendo yuryo jirei shu). http://www.soumu.go.jp/main_content/000063250.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- MIC. (2014). Statistics Bureau, Report on Internal Migration in Japan 2014, http://www.e-stat.go.jp/SG1/estat/ListE.do?lid=000001129143, accessed on February 16, 2017.
- MIC. (2015). Future with ICT (Heisei 27nen hakusho, dainibu, ICT ga hiraku mirai). http://www.soumu.go.jp/johotsusintokei/whitepaper/ja/h27/html/nc231110.html, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- MLIT. (2007). On-demand bus service using taxi (Ippan no takusi wo riyoshita demando sabisu). http://www.mlit.go.jp/sogoseisaku/transport/pdf/010_shizukuishi.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- MLIT. (2012). Manual to sustain, maintain and improve regional public transportation (Chiiki kokyo kotsu kakuho iji kaizen ni muketa torikumi manyuaru). http://wwwtb.mlit.go.jp/kinki/kansai/program/manual.htm, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- MLIT. (2014). Grand design of national spatial development towards 2050, Japan—Creation of a country generating diverse synergies among regions (Kokudo no gurando dezain 2050). http://www.mlit.go.jp/common/001088248.pdf, accessed on September 22, 2016.
- MLIT. (n.d.). Community bus (Komyuniti basu). http://www.mlit.go.jp/jidosha/anzen/01transit/communitybus.html, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Otoineppu Village. (2015, March). Comprehensive plan of Otoineppu village, No.5 (Otoineppu mura sogo keikaku dai 5), http://www.vill.otoineppu.hokkaido.jp/gyousei/keikaku/files/otoineppu_general_plan.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Tachibana, Toshiaki. (2011). Isolated Society—how networking of family, community and work has collapsed (Muenshakai no shotai ketsuen chien shaen wa ikanihokaishitaka). Tokyo: PHP.Google Scholar
- Tobetsu. (n.d.). Tobetsu community bus (Tobetsu fureai basu). https://www.town.tobetsu.hokkaido.jp/site/fureai-bus/, accessed on September 25, 2016.
© Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation 2018