Dynamics of Possible Soft-Matter Quasicrystals of Eightfold Symmetry
Apart from the observed 12- and 18-fold symmetrical soft-matter quasicrystals, and possible 5- and 10-fold symmetrical soft-matter quasicrystals to be discovered, the eightfold symmetrical soft-matter quasicrystals might also be observed in the near future. In addition, 7-, 9- and 14-fold symmetrical soft-matter quasicrystals belong to may be discovered quasicrystal kinds.
- 1.T.Y. Fan, Mathematical Theory of Elasticity of Quasicrystals and Its Applications, 1st edn, 2010, 2nd edn, 2016 (Beijing, Science Press/Heidelberg, Springer)Google Scholar
- 3.W.M. Zhou, Dislocation, crack and contact problems in two- and three-dimensional quasicrystals, Dissertation (in Chinese), Beijing Institute of Technology, 2000; W.M. Zhou, T.Y. Fan, Plane elasticity of octagonal quasicrystals and solutions, Chin. Phys 10(8), 743–747 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.F. Wang, H.Y. Hu, T.Y. Fan, H. Cheng, Hydrodynamic analysis of soft-matter octagonal quasicrystals. Appl. Math. Mech., to be published, 2017Google Scholar
- 7.F. Wang, T.Y. Fan, H. Cheng, Flow of soft-matter quasicrystals of 8-fold symmetry past a circular cylinder or a plate, 2017, to be submittedGoogle Scholar
- 8.T.Y. Fan, Z.Y. Tang, Three-dimensional hydrodynamics of soft-matter quasicrystals. Appl. Math. Mech. 38 (2017) (in Chinese)Google Scholar