Dynamics of Possible Five and Tenfold Symmetrical Soft-Matter Quasicrystals
In Chap. 7 we discussed the dynamics of soft-matter quasicrystals with 12-fold symmetry observed in liquid crystals, polymers, colloids and surfactants. There are some other quasicrystals, e.g. the five and tenfold symmetry quasicrystals may be observed in the near future, whose symmetry are similar to that of the 12-fold symmetry quasicrystals, they belong to the first kind of two-dimensional quasicrystals too, even if these two soft-matter quasicrystals have not been observed so far. This chapter discusses the possible soft-matter quasicrystals with five and tenfold symmetries.
- 2.T.Y. Fan, Generalized hydrodynamics generalized of second kind of two-dimensional soft-matter quasicrystals. Appl. Math. Mech. 38(2), 189–199 (2017). in ChineseGoogle Scholar
- 3.T.Y. Fan, Z.Y. Tang Three-dimensional hydrodynamics of soft-matter quasicrystals. Appl. Math. Mech. 38, (2017) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.T.Y. Fan, Mathematical Theory of Elasticity of Quasicrystals and Its Applications. Science Press, Beijing/Springer, Heidelberg. 2010, 1st edn. 2016, 2nd ednGoogle Scholar
- 7.D.H. Ding, R.H. Wang, W.G. Yang, C.Z. Hu, General expressions for the elastic displacement fields induced by dislocation in quasicrystals. J. Phys. Conden. Matter 7(28), 5423–5436 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.H. Cheng, T.Y. Fan, H. Wei (2016) Characters of deformation and motion of soft-matter quasicrystals with 5-and 10-fold symmetries. Appl. Phys. A (2017, in reviewing)Google Scholar
- 12.P.G. de Gennes, J. Prost, The Physics of Liquid Crystals, 2nd edn. (Clarendon, Oxford, 1993)Google Scholar