Application of Cuckoo Search Algorithm in Deregulated Economic Load Dispatch
The deregulated power systems are importantly needed to reduce the bidding cost. The economic dispatch concept yields minimum cost. The economic dispatch problem can be solved with many methods. Each method has its own advantage and disadvantages. In this paper, economic dispatch problem with deregulated power system is implemented. The meta-heuristic method changes the results in each run. Here the comparisons of cuckoo search with other methods for its success rate are analyzed and demonstrated. The system is applied for 3-seller system, and results are tabulated.
KeywordsDeregulated power system Economic load dispatch (ELD) Cuckoo search algorithm (CSA) 3-seller power system
- 5.Chiou J-P (2007) Variable scaling hybrid differential evolution for large-scale economic dispatch problems. Elect Power Syst Res 77Google Scholar
- 7.Swain RK, Hota PK, Chakrabarty R (2008) An auction based dispatch algorithm for deregulated power systems using differential evolution technique. In: Fifteenth national power systems conference (NPSC), IIT BombayGoogle Scholar
- 8.Singiresu SR (2009) Engineering optimization: theory and practice. Willey, New JerseyGoogle Scholar
- 9.Allen JW, Bruce FW (1996) Power generation, operation and control. Willey, New DelhiGoogle Scholar
- 10.Xin-She Y (2009) Cuckoo search and levy flights. In: Nature & biological inspired computingGoogle Scholar