Difference in Lights and Color Background Differentiates the Color Skin Model in Face Detection for Security Surveillance
Face detection with variable lights and color background makes it more difficult to detect the originality of the person in the image. Subject does not look directly into the camera; when the face is not held in the same angle, the system might not recognize the face. In this paper, we are considering various live studies where security surveillance ought to be a first preference of our own lives. Few studies have taken as source input study which helped us for better outcome. Further algorithm designed to get significant result is least expected to perform well on small sample data.
KeywordsAdaBoosT training algorithm Skin color segmentation Skin color model Color Similarity Image (CSI)
- 1.M. Singh, S. Nagpal, R. Singh, and M. Vatsa, “On Recognizing Face Images with Weight and Age Variations”, IEEE Access, vol. 2, pp. 822–830, 2014.Google Scholar
- 2.Philippe Carré, Patrice Denis, Christine Fernandez-Maloigne, “Spatial Color Image Processing Using Clifford Algebras: Application To Color Active Contour”, Springer-Verlag London Limited 2012, SIViP (2014) 8:1357–1372, DOI 10.1007/s11760-012-0366-5.
- 3.V.V. Starovoitov, D.I Samal, D.V. Briliuk, “Three Approaches For Face Recognition”, The 6-th International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis October 21–26, 2002, Velikiy Novgorod, Russia, pp. 707–711.Google Scholar
- 4.Fahad Shahbaz Khan, Joost van de Weijer, Maria Vanrell, “Modulating Shape Features by Color Attention for Object Recognition”, Springer Science and Business Media, LLC 2011, Int J Comput Vis (2012) 98:49–64 DOI 10.1007/s11263-011-0495-2.
- 5.X. Ma, H. Zhang and X. Zhang, “A face detection algorithm based on modified skin-color model,” Control Conference (CCC), 2013 32nd Chinese, Xi’an, 2013, pp. 3896–3900.Google Scholar
- 6.Li Zou and Sei-ichiro Kamata, “Face Detection In Color Images Based On Skin Color Models”, TENCON 2010 - 2010 IEEE Region 10 Conference, ISSN: 2159-3442, Print ISBN: 978-1-4244-6889-8, pp 681–686, DOI: 10.1109/TENCON.2010.5686631.
- 7.Zhengming Li, Lijie Xue and Fei Tan, “Face detection in complex background based on skin color features and improved AdaBoost algorithms,” Progress in Informatics and Computing (PIC), 2010 IEEE International Conference on, Shanghai, 2010, pp. 723–727, DOI: 10.1109/PIC.2010.5687939.
- 8.S. Zhu and N. Zhang, “Face Detection Based on Skin Color Model and Geometry Features,” Industrial Control and Electronics Engineering (ICICEE), 2012 International Conference on, Xi’an, 2012, pp. 991–994, DOI: 10.1109/ICICEE.2012.263.
- 9.Loris Nannia, Alessandra Luminib, Fabio Dominioa, Pietro Zanuttigha, “Effective and precise face detection based on color and depth data”, Applied Computing and Informatics, Volume 10, Issues 1–2, January 2014, Pages 1–13, DOI: 10.1016/j.aci.2014.04.001.
- 10.Noor A. Ibraheem, Mokhtar M. Hasan, Rafiqul z. Khan and Pramod K. Mishra, “Understanding Color Models: A Review”, ARPN Journal of Sccience and Technology, Volume 2, No. 3, April 2012, pp 265–275, ISSN 2225-7217, http://www.ejournalofscience.org.
- 11.Ahmad Yahya Dawod, Junaidi Abdullah, Md. Jahangir Alam “Adaptive Skin Color Model for Hand Segmentation”, 2010 International Conference on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ICCAIE 2010), December 5–7, 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, DOI: 978-1-4244-9055-4/10/$26.00 ©2010 IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.Gabriela Csurka, Sandra Skaff, Luca Marchesotti, Craig Saunders, “Building Look and Feel Concept Models From Color Combinations With Applications In Image Classification, Retirieval And Color Transfer”, The Visual Computer, December 2011, Volume 27, Issue 12, pp 1039–1053.Google Scholar
- 13.Petcharat Pattenasethanon and Charuay Savithi, “Human Face Detection and Recognition Using Web-Cam”, Journal of Computer Science 8 (9), 2012, ISSN 1549-3636, pp 1585–1593.Google Scholar
- 14.Michal Kawulok, Jakub Nalepa, Jolanta Kawulok, “Skin Detection and Segmentation in Color Images”, Advances in Low-Level Color Image Processing, Volume 11 of the series Lecture Notes in Computational Vision and Biomechanics pp 329–366,17 December 2013.Google Scholar
- 15.Rodolfo Alvarado, Edgardo M. Felipe-Riveron, Luis P. Sanchez-Fernandez, “Color Image Segmentation by Means of a Similarity Function”, Progress in Pattern Recognition, Image Analysis, Computer Vision, and Applications, Volume 6419 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 319–328, 2010.Google Scholar
- 16.Rodolfo Alvarado-Cervantes, Edgardo M. Felipe-Riveron, “Improved HSI Color Space for Color Image Segmentation”, Progress in Pattern Recognition, Image Analysis, Computer Vision, and Applications, Volume 7441 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 348–354, 2012, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-33275-3_43, ISSN 0302-9743.
- 17.Tien Fui Yong, Wou Onn Choo, Hui Meian Kok, “Color Image Magnification: Geometrical Pattern Classification Approach”, Visual Informatics: Bridging Research and Practice 2009, Volume 5857 of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science pp 619–626.Google Scholar