Concluding Remarks and Policy Implications
In today’s world, innovation capacity in science and technology has become the determinant of a nation’s comprehensive power, and first-class research universities are the essential bases for sustainably fostering innovative products and nurturing innovative talents. It’s no doubt that the possession of world-class research universities, is not only a mark of the development level of a country’s higher education, but also an evidence of the innovation capacity of one country, as well as a symbol of the country’s comprehensive strength, and an urgent need for a country’s economic and social development reaching a certain stage. As a result, at this key stage of upgrading human capital and transforming economic and industrial structure, it’s a necessity to build up a group of world-class universities for guaranteeing the long-term stability of Chinese society and economy in the new normal.
KeywordsCentral 211Us Innovation Capacity Pure Technical Efficiency Research Efficiency Average Efficiency Score
- China Ministry of Education (MOE). (2012a). The twelfth five-year plan of Chinese education development, Beijing. Accessed by http://www.moe.edu.cn/publicfiles/business/htmlfiles/moe/moe_630/201207/139702.html
- China Ministry of Education (MOE). (2012b). Opinions on further enhancing the management of university research projects. Accessed by http://www.moe.edu.cn/publicfiles/business/htmlfiles/moe/s3338/201301/146359.html
- China Ministry of Education (MOE). (2012c). Opinions on further normalizing the university research conducts. Accessed by http://www.moe.edu.cn/publicfiles/business/htmlfiles/moe/moe_876/201212/146340.html
- China Ministry of Education (MOE). (2012d). Opinions on further enhancing the management of research funds in universities administered by central departments. Accessed by http://www.moe.edu.cn/publicfiles/business/htmlfiles/moe/s7052/201412/xxgk_181257.html
- Li, Q. Z. (2007). The organization and improvement of university research: University education from the perspective of president. Beijing: Higher Education Press.Google Scholar