Performance Exploration of Different Dispersion Compensation Schemes with Binary and Duo Binary Modulation Formats Over Fiber-Optic Communication
Fiber-optic mediation offers high speed for data mediation and also offered huge bandwidth for use. Due to its adaptable merits and insignificant mediation losses, it becomes one of the most vital used communication techniques. Although Fiber-optic mediation has a plenty of merits, ‘Dispersion’ is the chief restrictive feature. Dispersion is the core issue responsible for impediment progress of optical mediation systems in terms of bit rate and long-haul mediation. Dispersion originate distortion and expansion in the pulses, thus recital of the fiber-optic communication. This inquiry paper gratified that inspection with 20 Gbps mediation network arrangement has been prepared with binary non-return to zero and duo binary modulation designs in symmetric dispersion compensation schemes. The coordination is imitated and evaluated by means of pre-, post-, and symmetric dispersion compensation outlines. All organizations are linked in expressions of bit error rate (BER), Q-factor, eye opening, and jitter. The outcome is investigated using optical software tool, i.e., OPTSIM.
KeywordsDispersion Dispersion compensation Dispersion compensating fiber (DCF) Quality factor Bit error rate Jitter Eye diagram Eye opening Duo binary Erbium-doped fiber amplifier (EDFA) Photo detector (PD) and optical analysis tool (OPTSIM)
Author would like to express their gratitude to RSOFT enterprise assemblage for making available the OPTSIM imitation software for optical mediation network. Author would also like to show appreciation to the assessors for their appreciated recommendations which fetch the script in extant profile.
- 1.Keiser G (2014) Optical fiber communication system, 4th edn, McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar
- 2.Govind PA (2014) Fiber-optic communication systems, 3rd edn, WileyGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kumar S (2013) Performance analysis of dispersion compensation in long haul optical fiber with DCF, 6(6):19–23, e-ISSN: 2278-2834, p-ISSN: 2278-8735Google Scholar
- 4.Patel GH (2013) Dispersion compensation in 40 Gbps WDM network using dispersion compensating fiber, 02(02), ISSN: 0975-6779Google Scholar
- 5.Khanaa V, Mohanta K, Saravanan T (2013) Performance analysis of a two channel optical WDM system using binary and duo binary modulation formats, vol 6, p-ISSN: 0974-6846Google Scholar
- 6.Agrawal R, Mishra V (2012) Comparison of pre, post and symmetrical dispersion compensation scheme with 10 Gbps NRZ link for SCM system. In: International conference on electrical engineering and computer science (ICEECS)Google Scholar
- 7.Shrivastava A, Saxena M (2014) Analysis of optical communication system for compensation of dispersion by comparing using fiber Bragg gratingGoogle Scholar
- 8.Ravi Teja N, Aneesh Babu M, Prasad TRS, Ravi T (2012) Different types of dispersion in an optical fiber. Int J Sci Res 2(12) ISSN: 2250-3153Google Scholar