Reliable Data Delivery on the Basis of Trust Evaluation in WSN
Different applications have come out as in the field of Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) by years of research. At present, Lossy Networks (LLNs) are in the center of area of studies. LLNs are made up of Wireless Personal LANs, low-power Line Communication Networks, and Wireless Sensor Networks. In such LLNs, for sending protected data, routing IPv6 routing protocol is used for minimum-power as well as not reliable networks (RPL) controlled by Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) routing protocol. A route created by rank-based RPL protocol for the sink based in the rank value and link quality of its neighbors. But, it has few site backs for example, high packet loss rates, maximized latency, and very low security. Packet losses as well as latency get maximized as the length of path (in hops) increases as with every hope a wrong parent link is chosen. For increasing the RPL system and to solving issue stated above, a Trust Management System is proposed. Every node is having a trust value. Trust value will increase or decrease depending to behavior of node and trusted path is selected for delivering the data. For increasing energy efficiency, at the time of data transferring “compress then send” method is used, this results in minimum utilization of energy reduced data size. By making use of cryptography, we gained data security which is the key concern. By analyzing the test outcomes conducted on JUNG simulator shows, our proposed system have increased the packet delivery ratio by having trust management system while transferring the data, increases energy efficiency by utilizing the data compression, network security is improved by utilizing encryption decryption method as compared to present system.
KeywordsShortest path discovery Data compression techniques LLNs Routing protocol for RPL
- 1.Emilio Ancillotti, Raffaele Bruno: Reliable Data Delivery With the IETF Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks. IEEE transactions on industrial informatic (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Canete, M. Diaz, L. Llopis, and B. Rubio: HERO: A hierarchical, efficient and reliable routing protocol for wireless sensor and actor networks. Comput. Commun. pp. 1392–1409 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.Usha. Sakthivel and Radha. S: Routing layer Node Misbehavior Detection in Mobile Ad hoc Networks using Nack Scheme. International Conference on Trends in Electrical, Electronics and Power Engineering (ICTEEP’2012) (2012) Singapore.Google Scholar
- 4.Jagadeesh Kakarla, Banshidhar Majhi: A Trust Based Secured Coordination Mechanism for WSAN. International Journal of Sensor Networks, 978-1-4799-1823-2/15 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.TsvetkoTsvetkov: RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks. Seminar SN SS2011, doi: 10.2313/NET-2011-07-1 09, Network Architectures and Services (2011).