Design of Single Supply and Current Mirror-Based Level Shifter with Stacking Technique in CMOS Technology
The paper presents a new design for low power application of single supply and current mirror-based level shifter which is a 45 nm CMOS technique. Those recommended circuits use the benefits for Stacking technique with smaller leakage current and reduction in leakage power. The circuit is deliberate using 45 nm CMOS method. The modified stacking structure is more appropriate to system for high voltage supply. In such SoC’s, level shifters play an important part in translating the signals from one voltage level to another. Single supply level shifter has been modified with two additional NMOS transistors. Another circuit, current mirror level shifter (CMLS) has been modified with three additional NMOS transistors. Performances of the proposed level shifters are compared in terms of power, noise, and leakage parameters. For single supply and current mirror-based level shifter, Supply voltage VddH is initialized as 0.7 V and VddL is initialized as 0.2 V.
KeywordsCMOS Level shifter Single supply Current mirror Power Noise
The author is highly thankful to ITM University, Gwalior and Cadence Virtuoso Design, Bangalore for providing the platform so as to get the proficient result.
- 1.Behzad Razavi, “Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits”, Newyork: McGraw-Hill, 2nd edition (2001).Google Scholar
- 2.Manoj Kumar, Sandeep K. Arya, Sujata Panday, “Level shifter design for low power applications”, International journal of computer science & information Technology (IJCSIT) Vol.2 No.5, Oct-(2010).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Chaitanya Verma, R. Ramana Reddy, D. Rama Devi, “Sub Threshold Level Shifters and Level Shifter with LEC for LSI’s”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) Vol.4 No.2, Dec-(2014).Google Scholar
- 4.Shien-Chun Luo, Ching-ji Huang, Yuan-Hua Chu, “A Wide-Range Level Shifter Using a Modified Wilson Current Mirror Hybrid Buffer”, Proceeding of the IEEE, Vol.61, No.6, Jun-(2014).Google Scholar
- 5.Lanuzza M., Corsonello P., Perri S., “Low Power Level Shifter for Multi-Supply Voltage Designs”, IEEE Proceeding on Trans. Circuits System, Vol.59, No.12, pp. 922–926, (2012).Google Scholar