Predicting the Size of a Family Based upon the Demographic Status of that Family
Size of a family is very much affected by the demographic factors of that family like education and occupation of family members. Socio-Economic status and type of a family also play a major role in determining the family size. Data of more than half a thousand families was studied to find an association between family size and the above listed factors. A neural network was trained using TRAINGD and LEARNGDM as the training and the learning adaptive functions respectively. Later, a GUI was developed for the easy prediction of family size.
KeywordsData mining Demographic status Family size Literacy rate Prediction Preprocessing Neural network nntool
- 1.Jiawei Han, Micheline Kamber and Jian Pei in “Introduction Data Mining Concepts and Terchniques”, 3ed., 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Dharani Kumari “Women’s Position and Their Behaviors Towards Family Planning In Two Districts of Andhra Pradesh”, Health and population—perspectives and issues 28(2): 58–70, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.Aniceto C. Orbeta, Jr. “Poverty, Vulnerability and Family Size: Evidence from the Philippines”, ADB Institute Research Paper Series No. 68, 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.Kanika Bahl, Rohitt Sharma, Dr Ritesh Khullar “Review Paper on the Prediction of Family Size Based on Demographic Status of that Family”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Data Mining, 2015.Google Scholar
- 5.Eltaher Mohamed Hussein, Dalia Mahmoud Adam Mahmoud “Brain Tumor Detection Using Artificial Neural Networks”, Journal of Science and Technology Vol. 13, No. 2 ISSN 1605–427X. Google Scholar