Dynamics of Dissipative Solitons in Active Silicon Waveguides
Dissipative soliton is a fascinating nonlinear stable structure, which arises as a result of double balance between gain and loss as well as dispersion (diffraction) and nonlinearity. Formation of the dissipative soliton is critical and may leads to some chaotic dynamics if some external perturbations are imposed. In this work, we mainly study the nonlinear temporal dynamics of such waves inside active Si based waveguides where the pulse is governed by the complex Ginzburg-Landau equation.
- 1.J. Leuthold, C. Koos and W. Freude, Nat. Photonics 4, 535 (2010).Google Scholar
- 2.N. Akhmediev and A. Ankiewicz, “Dissipative Soliton: Lecture Notes in Physics”, (Springer, Berlin, 2005).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Roy, A. Marini, and F. Biancalana, Phys. Rev. A 87, 065803 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.G. P. Agrawal, “Nonlinear Fiber Optics”, 5th ed. (Academic, 2013).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Roy, S. K. Bhadra, and G. P. Agrawal, Phys. Rev. A79, 023824 (2009).Google Scholar