A Comparative Study and Performance Analysis of Routing Algorithms for MANET
The mobility for communication devices has generated the requirement of next generation wireless network technology development, several type of wireless technologies have been developed and implemented, one of them is ad hoc mobile network system which facilitates to a cluster of mobile terminals which are animatedly and randomly changing locations in such a way that the interconnections need to be handled continually. A routing procedure is used to find the routes between the mobile terminals in the set of connections for easy and reliable communication; main purpose of this protocol is to find a proper route from caller to called terminals with minimum of overhead and bandwidth consumption during construction of route. This paper provides an impression of a broad range of routing protocols projected in the literature and has in addition provided a piece comparison of all routing protocols with discussion of their respective merits and drawbacks.
KeywordsRouting protocol MANET Proactive Reactive Hybrid algorithms
- 1.M. Uddin and A. A. Rahman, (2011), “Reliability of mobile ad hoc network through performance analysis of TCP variant over AODV”, Journal of Applied Science Research, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 437–446.Google Scholar
- 2.Muen Uddin, Azizah Abdul Rahman, Abdurahman Alarifi, Mohammed Talha, Asadullah Shah, Mohsin Iftikhar & Albert Zomaya, (June 2012), “Improving performance of Mobile Ad Hoc N/T using efficient tactical on demand distance vector (TAODV) Routing algorithms”., International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information & Controls, Vol 8, Number 6.Google Scholar
- 3.Stefano Basagni, Marco Conti, Silvia Giordano, Ivan Stojmenovic, (2004), “Mobile Adhoc Network”, IEEE Press.Google Scholar
- 4.Faragó and V. R. Syrotiuk, (2001), “MERIT: A Unified Framework for Routing Protocol Assessment in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” in Proceedings of 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, Rome, Italy.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Santhi and Alamelu Nachiappan, (August 2010), “A Survey of Qos Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” International journal of computer science & information Technology (IJCSIT) Vol. 2, No. 4.Google Scholar
- 6.Umang Singh, 30th (September 2011), “Secure Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad Hoc Network -A Survey and Axanomy” International Journal of Reviews in Computing.Google Scholar
- 7.Qunwei Zheng, Xiaoyan Hong, and Sibabrata Ray, (2004), “Recent Advances in Mobility Modeling for Mobile Ad Hoc Network Research”.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Soujanya, T. Sitmahalakshmi, Ch. Divakar, (April 2001), “Study of Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network s”, B. Soujanya et al./International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST), ISSN: 0975-5462 Vol. 3 No. 4.Google Scholar
- 9.Miss Dhara N. Darji, Miss Nita B. Thakker, (2013), “Challenges in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network: Security Threats & its Solutions”, Indian Journal of Applied Research, Vol 3, Issue 1.Google Scholar
- 10.Kavita Taneja and R. B. Patel, (2007), “Mobile Ad hoc Network: Challenges and Future”, COIT-2007, RIMT-IET, Mandi Gobindgarh.Google Scholar
- 11.Imrich Chlamtic, Marco Conti, Jennifer J.N. Liu, (2003),“Mobile ad hoc networking: imperative & challenge”, Elsevier.Google Scholar
- 12.T. H. Clausen, (2007), “A MANET Architecture Model”, http://www.thomasclausen.org/ThomasHeideClausensWebsite/ResearchReports_les/RR-6145.pdf, (accessed 12/02/2014).
- 13.D. Lang, (2003), “A Comprehensive Overview about Selected Ad Hoc Networking Routing Protocols”, Master Thesis, Technische Uni. Munich, Germany.Google Scholar
- 14.Perkins, Charles E. and Bhagwat, Pravin, (1994), “Highly Dynamic Destination-Sequenced Distance-Vector Routing (DSDV) for Mobile Computers (pdf)”.Google Scholar
- 15.Murthy, Shree; Garcia-Luna-Aceves, J. J., (1996), ”An efficient routing protocols for wireless network”, Mobile Networks and Applications (Hingham, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers).Google Scholar
- 16.Pankaj Barodia, (2011), “Routing Protocols in Wireless Networks”, http://www.slideshare.net/barodia_1437/wireless-routing-protocols-8158788, accessed 25/12/2013.
- 17.Kaliyaperumal Karthikeyan, Sreedhar Appalabatla, Mungamru Nirmala, Teklay Tesfazghi, (2012), “Comparative Analysis of Non-Uniform Unicast Routing Protocols of Mobile Ad-Hoc Network”, IJARCSSE.Google Scholar
- 18.C. C. Chiang, T. C. Tsai, W. Liu and M. Gerla, (1997), “Routing in clustered multihop, mobile wireless network with fading channel”, The Next Millennium, The IEEE SICON.Google Scholar
- 19.C. Perkins, E. Belding and S. Das, (2003), “Ad hoc on-demand distance vector (AODV) routing”.Google Scholar
- 20.S. Basagni, M. Conti, S. Giordano and G. Ivan, (2004), “Mobile Ad Hoc Networking”, Wiley.Google Scholar
- 21.Chai-Keong-Toh, (1997), “Associativity- Based Routing for Ad Hoc Mobile Network” Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- 22.Samir R. Das, Robert Castaneda & Jiangtao Yan, (2000), “Simulation Based Performance Evaluation of Mobile, Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocol” University of Taxes, USA.Google Scholar
- 23.Mehran Abolhasan, Tadeusz Wysocki, Eryk Dutkiewicz, (2004), “A review of routing protocols for mobile ad hoc network”, Elsevier.Google Scholar
- 24.Humayun Bakht, (2011), “Survey of Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks,” International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Research.Google Scholar
- 25.V.D. Park and Scott. M. Corson, “A Highly Adaptive Distributed Routing Algorithms for Mobile Wireless Network”, Proceedings of INFOCOM, 1997.Google Scholar
- 26.Kavita Pandey, Abhishek Swaroop, (2011), “A comprehensive Performance Analysis of Proactive Reactive & Hybride Manet’s Routing Protocol, IJCSI, Vol 6, Iss 6.Google Scholar
- 27.Zygmunt J. Haas, Marc R. Pearlman, Prince Samar, (2002), “The Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP) for Ad Hoc Network”, Internet-Draft,. http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-manet-zone-zrp-04.pdf accessed 25/01/2014.
- 28.Kilinkarridis Theofaniz, (2007), “Hybrid Routing Protocol”, Special Course in Mobile Management. http://www.tcs.hut.fi/Studies/T-9.7001/2007SPR/kilinkaridi_presentation_1.pdf accessed 25/2/2014.
- 29.K. Ramesh Reddy, S. Venkata Raju, N. Venkatadri, (2012), “Reactive, Proactive MANET Routing Protocols Comparison”, IJVIPNS-IJENS.Google Scholar