Fairness Analysis of Fuzzy Adaptive Scheduling Architecture
Fairness is key component for any scheduling algorithm. It is more crucial in IEEE 802.16 system where mix of real and non real time applications run concurrently. The study first proposes a three variable fuzzy based scheduling architecture for IEEE 802.16 networks. The proposed architecture solves uplink scheduling problem for IEEE 802.16 adaptively. The proposed system consists of three input and single output variable and makes allocations to real and non real time classes. The paper also lists results of experiment conducted to test fairness of proposed system. Fairness has been measured using Jain’s Fairness index and comparisons have been done against contemporary techniques.
KeywordsIEEE 802.16 WiMAX Fairness Scheduler performance
- 1.IEEE, 2010. Draft IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks Corrigendum to IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks- Advanced Air Inter- face. IEEE P80216 m/D10, November 2010. 2010: 1–1132.Google Scholar
- 2.URL:- www.wimaxforum.org last accessed on April 2016.
- 3.Shreedhar M. and Varghese, G. 1998. Efficient fair queueing using Deficit Round-Robin. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 4(3), 375–385.Google Scholar
- 4.Rath, H. K., Bhorkar A. and Sharma, V. 2006. An Opportunistic DRR (O-DRR) Uplink Scheduling Scheme for IEEE 802.16-based Broadband Wireless Networks In Proc. of International Conference on Next Generation Networks (ICNGN), Mumbai.Google Scholar
- 5.Chenn-Jung Huanga, Kai-Wen Hua, I-Fan Chena, You-Jia Chena, and Hong-Xin Chenb, “An intelligent resource management scheme for heterogeneous Wi-fi and WiMAX multi-hop relay networks”, Expert system with applications, Vol. 37, 2010, pp 1134–1142.Google Scholar
- 6.Kumar, D.D.N.P., Murugesan, K., Raghavan S. and Suganthi, M., Neural network based Scheduling Algorithm for WiMAX with improved QoS constraints. 2011. Proceedings of International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical and Computer Technology, 1076–1081.Google Scholar
- 7.Hedayti, F.K.; Masoumzadeh, S.S.; Khorsandi, S.: SAFS: A self adaptive fuzzy based scheduler for real time services in WIMAX system. Communications (COMM), 2012, 9th International Conference on, 247–250. (21–23 June 2013).Google Scholar
- 8.Sadri Y. and Mohamadi, S. K., 2013. An intelligent scheduling system using fuzzy logic controller for management of services in WiMAX networks. Journal of Super computers. 64, 849–861.Google Scholar
- 9.Alsahag, A.M., Ali, B.M., Noordin, N.K. and Mohamad, H. (2014), Fair uplink bandwidth allocation and latency guarantee for mobile WiMAX using fuzzy adaptive deficit round robin. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 39, 17–25.Google Scholar