Implementation of Fuzzy Logic Scheduler for WiMAX in Qualnet
IEEE 802.16 standard has not specified any algorithm for implementation of schedulers which has led to number of developments in recent past. Soft computing techniques like fuzzy logic based schedulers have also been proposed however integration of these schedulers into existing simulators is still a competing task. Although lot of help is available on web regarding integration of different algorithms in simulators but implementation of soft computing based algorithms in available simulators is still an open issue. This paper is an attempt to guide researchers towards implementation of fuzzy logic based scheduler in Qualnet simulator. Class diagram with sample code snippets are proposed to aid and guide researchers. The paper also discusses implementation of various quality of service mechanism for IEEE 802.16 networks.
KeywordsIEEE 802.16 Wimax Growth of standard Wimax forum
- 1.IEEE, 2010. Draft IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks Corrigendum to IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks- Advanced Air Inter- face. IEEE P80216 m/D10, November 2010. 2010: 1–1132.Google Scholar
- 2.Sadri Y. and Mohamadi, S. K., 2013. An intelligent scheduling system using fuzzy logic controller for management of services in WiMAX networks. Journal of Super computers. 64, 849–861.Google Scholar
- 3.Alsahag, A. M., Ali, B. M., Noordin, N. K. and Mohamad, H. (2014), Fair uplink bandwidth allocation and latency guarantee for mobile WiMAX using fuzzy adaptive deficit round robin. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 39, 17–25. URL:- http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2013.04.004i.
- 4.Akashdeep and Kahlon K. S., 2014. An embedded fuzzy expert system for adaptive WFQ scheduling of IEEE 802.16 networks. Expert Systems with applications. 41, 7621–7629. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2014.05.048.
- 5.NIST, “The Network Simulator ns-2 NIST Add-on IEEE 802.16 Model (MAC+PHY),” 2007. URL:- http://www.nist.gov/itl/antd/emntg/upload/wimax_module.pdf.
- 6.Freitag J. and Fonseca, N., 2012. WiMAX Module for the ns-2 Simulator. IEEE 18th International Symp. on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 1–6.Google Scholar
- 7.C. N. G. at the University of Pisa and B. W. N. L. at Georgia Institute of Technology. 2013. ns2 Contributed Code: IEEE 802.16 Wireless Mesh Networks in ns-2. URL:- http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/ContributedCode.
- 8.https://www.nsnam.org/doxygen/wimax-simple_8cc_source.html. last accesses May 7, 2016.
- 9.http://www.riverbed.com/in/solutions/index.html. last accessed May 7, 2016.
- 10.https://omnetpp.org/omnetpp. last accesses May 7, 2016.
- 11.http://in.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24369-wimax-physical-layer-simulation. last accesses May 7, 2016.
- 12.http://www.scalable-networks.com/pdf/QualNetTutorial.pdf last accessed June 15, 2016.