Optimizing Job Scheduling in Federated Grid System
Parallel computing is a type of computation in which jobs are executed by the parallel servers. Jobs are further distributed into number of tasks by checking the availability of server. Federated Grid System is a system consists of number of heterogenous clusters which are associated with number of servers. Comparison with existing work on the basis of parameters such as makspan, flow time and energy. The time taken by a single job to accomplish its task is flow time and the time taken by all the jobs to accomplish its task is the makespan of that jobs. DVFS levels are considered in a system to reduce the power consumption during the execution of parallel jobs. In our proposed system we have used DVFS based genetic algorithm so that the job acquired by parallel processors provide optimal results.
KeywordsParallel computing Makespan Flow time Federated grid structure
- 1.Diaz J, Munoz-Caro C, Nino A.: A Survey of Parallel Programming Models and Tools in the Multi and Many-Core Era. IEEE Trans Parallel Distrib Syst [Internet]. 2012 Aug [cited 2016 Mar 25]; 23(8):1369–86. In: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=6122018.
- 2.Dror G. Feitelson LR, Feitelson DG, Rudolph L.: Parallel Job Scheduling: Issues and Approaches. Jsspp [Internet]. 1995; 949:1–18. In: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.47.545.
- 3.Katia Leal.: Self-adjusting resource sharing policies in Federated Grids. Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 29, pp. 488–496, 2013.Google Scholar
- 4.Katia Leal.: Anticipating resource saturation in Federated Grids. Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 45, pp. 114–122, 2015.Google Scholar
- 5.Sgall J.: On-line scheduling of parallel jobs. Proc 19th Symp Math Found Comput Sci. 1994; 841:159–76.Google Scholar
- 6.Reeves CR.: A genetic algorithm for flowshop sequencing. Comput Oper Res [Internet]. 1995 Jan [cited 2016 Apr 27]; 22(1):5–13. In: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0305054893E0014K.
- 7.Gabaldon E, Lerida JL, Guirado F, Planes J.: Multi-criteria genetic algorithm applied to scheduling in multi-cluster environments. J Simul [Internet]. Nature Publishing Group; 2015; 9(4):287–95. In: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/doifinder/10.1057/jos.2014.41.
- 8.Yuryevich J.: Evolutionary programming based optimal power flow algorithm. IEEE Trans Power Syst [Internet]. IEEE; 1999 [cited 2016 May 3]; 14(4):1245–50. Available from: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=801880.
- 9.Strunk, A. and W. Dargie.: Does Live Migration of Virtual Machines Cost Energy? pp. 514–21 in 2013 IEEE 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA). In: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=6531798.
- 10.Q. Yang et al.: On False Data-Injection Attacks against Power System State Estimation: Modeling and Countermeasures. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 25(3):717–29. In: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=6490324.2014.
- 11.Scholl, Tobias, Richard Kuntschke, Angelika Reiser, and Alfons Kemper.: Community Training: Partitioning Schemes in Good Shape for Federated Data Grids. Pp. 195–203 in Third IEEE International Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing (e-Science 2007). In: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/lpdocs/epic03/wrapper.htm?arnumber=4426888.