As the offshore installation projects in general, floatover operation is a campaign involving vessels, equipment, crew, engineers and management team at the offshore site. Every step for each task must follow the instructions specified in the operation manual strictly. The discussion in this chapter focuses on the one vessel floatover operation. Operation activities of loadout, topsides floatover installation and post-installation are presented with details form preparation to actions at each stage. Contingency procedure and its importance are also addressed through the discussion of a real project.
- 1.Magzine article: EXTREME FLOAT OVER: Raising the bar on J. Ray McDermott’s ability to meet demanding—and changing—conditions. J.RayNEWS 3, 34–37, May (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.News: Safe sail away of KBB topsides. Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings Berhad, Oct (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Suresh, R.K., et al.: Installation engineering for heavy float over topsides—a case narrative. In: Proceedings of 18th Offshore Symposium, Texas Sector of SNAME, Houston, Texas, Feb (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Mishra, L.: AFCONS executes unique float-over system for ONGC. Indian Oil & Gas, Jan (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Article: Float over jacking system for ONGC B193 Platform, India. Dorman Long Technology Reference Project, Oct (2016)Google Scholar