Performance of Slotted Hexagonal Patch for Wireless Applications
Slots transform the conventional geometry into multi-resonant structures. These multi resonant patterns on conducting patch contribute to multiple band characteristics in patch antennas. Gaps between multiple resonant bands can be referred to band rejection characteristics. In this paper, such a multiband and band rejection characteristics of a hexagonal patch antenna with a semi hexagonal slot line is reported. A thorough parametric analysis is carried out to arrive at the radiation characteristics of the antenna. The antenna is simulated in CST Microwave Studio. The analysis of the antenna is carried out using several reports like return loss and VSWR. Ultra wide band (UWB) characteristics are evident from the analysis.
KeywordsSlot antenna Hexagonal Multi resonant
- 1.Kumar, G., K. P. Ray: Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House Publishers, London (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.Bahl, I. J., P. Bhartia.: Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, Dedham, MA (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.Chowdary, P. S. R., Prasad, A. M., Rao, P. M, Anguera, J.: Design and performance study of sierpinski fractal based patch antennas for multiband and miniaturization characteristics, Wireless Personal Communications, 83, 1713–1730, (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.Pirhadi, A., Bahrami, H., Nasri, J.: Wideband high directive aperture coupled microstrip antenna design by using a FSS superstrate layer. IEEE Trans Antennas Propagate, 60, 2101–2106, (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, H. Y.,Y. Tao, Y.:Bandwidth enhancement of a U-slot patch antenna using dual-band frequency-selective surface with double rectangular ring elements. Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., 53, 1547–1553 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.Monavar, F. M., Komjani, N.: Bandwidth enhancement of microstrip patch antenna using Jerusalem cross-shaped frequency selective surfaces by invasive weed optimization approach, Prog In Elect magnet Research, 121, 103–120, (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.Chaimool, S., Chung, K. L., Akkaraekthalin, P.: Simultaneous gain and bandwidths enhancement of a single-feed circularly polarized microstrip patch antenna using a meta material reactive surface. Prog In Elect magnet Research B, 22, 23–37 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.Vedula, V. S. S. S. C., Chowdary, P. S. R., Rao, P. M.: Synthesis of Circular Array Antenna for Sidelobe Level and Aperture Size Control Using Flower Pollination Algorithm. Int J. Antennas and Propag, vol. 2015, Article ID 819712, 9 pages, (2015). doi: 10.1155/2015/819712.