Performance Enhancement of LTE HetNet Using EVM-Based Constellation Combiner (ECC) in WARP
- 553 Downloads
Cooperative communication has been recently applied to LTE networks to enable the coverage extension and enhance the link reliability through distributed spatial diversity. In this paper, the femtorelay cooperates with the macro-base station through the amplify-and-forward protocol to enable the transmission of data from the macro-base station to the mobile station in a real-time indoor environment. This paper aims to improve the error performance of a LTE HetNet by using constellation combiner technique. At the destination end, the constellations from the direct and relay links are selected based on the minimum EVM to achieve improved BER with less computation complexity. The above-mentioned system with novel combining technique has been tested and analyzed in a real-time scenario using wireless open-access research platform (WARP) test bed.
KeywordsLTE Amplify and forward Relay EVM BER WARP
We would like to thank Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, for supporting the work under the scheme of “FAST TRACK SCHEME FOR YOUNG SCIENTIST” under the grant number SR/FTP/ETA-92/2011.
- 1.Khandekar A, Bhushan N, Tingfang J, Vanghi V (2010) LTE-advanced: heterogeneous networks. In: European wireless conference, pp 978–982, 12–15 April 2010Google Scholar
- 2.Arif M, Yameen IM, Matin MA (2013) Femtocell suburban deployment in LTE networks. Int J Inf Electron Eng 3(2):208–212Google Scholar
- 3.Chandrasekhar V, Andrews JG (2008) Femtocell networks: a survey. The University of Texas at Austin Alan Gatherer, Texas Instruments, pp 59–67Google Scholar
- 5.Akyildiz IF, Chavarria-Reyes E, Gutierrez-Estevez DM, Balakrishnan R, Krier JR (2013) Enabling next generation small cells through femto relays. Broadband Wireless Networking Laboratory, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, United States, pp 1–15, 23 April 2013Google Scholar
- 6.Joshi G (2010) On relay-assisted cellular networks. Thesis-Indian Institute of technology-BombayGoogle Scholar
- 7.Avendi MR, Nguyen HH (2013) Selection combining for differential amplify-and-forward relaying over rayleigh-fading channels. Signal Process Lett IEEE 20(3):277–280Google Scholar
- 8.Mugelan RK, Thilaga P, Bhagyaveni MA (2015) EVM based performance analysis of LTE Downlink & it’s real time evaluation using WARP. Int J Appl Eng Res 10(2):2401–2418Google Scholar
- 9.Murphy P, Sabharwal A, Aazhang B (2006) Design of WARP: wireless open-access research platform. In: European Signal Processing Conference, June 2006Google Scholar
- 10.Shafik RA, Rahman MS, Islam AR (2006) On the extended relationships among EVM, BER and SNR as performance metrics. In: 4th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering ICECE 2006, pp 19–21, Dhaka, BangladeshGoogle Scholar
- 11.Hussain E, Bhargava VK, Fettweis GP (2012) Green radio communication networks. Cambridge University PressGoogle Scholar
- 12.Data sheet—MAX2828/MAX2829 Single/Dual-Band 802.11a/b/g World-Band Transceiver ICs, pp 1–39, 2014Google Scholar