Identifying Lead User in Mass Collaborative Innovation Community: Based on Knowledge Supernetwork
Lead users with advanced demand and innovation capability are those most valuable resources for product development and service innovation. Despite acting as the significant communication platform, the pervasive use of the Internet brings in new challenges to identify valuable users. To identify and analyze those lead users and related knowledge, this paper establishes a knowledge supernetwork model by describing the heterogeneity of agent in mass collaborative innovation community, following an example of a typical community. Based on supernetwork theory, this model has important theoretical implications in the integration of supernetwork method and knowledge management. This study also contributes to providing an insight in recognizing lead users with a visual identification method.
KeywordsLead user Knowledge supernetwork Mass collaborative innovation community Knowledge management
This research is supported by Major Program of National Science Foundation of China (Project No.71090403/71090400), Program for Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province, China (2014A030313243), and China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2016T90788, 2015M582389).
- 3.Gloor, P.A.: Swarm Creativity: Competitive Advantage Through Collaborative Innovation Networks. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Nambisan, S.: Designing virtual customer environments for new product development: toward a theory. Acad. Manag. Rev. 27(3), 392–413 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Yang, B., Liu, W.: Research on lead user identification on the basis of application extending and netnews. Chin. J. Manag. 08(9), 1353–1358 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Tsai, H.-T., Bagozzi, R.P.: Contribution behavior in virtual communities: cognitive, emotional, and social influences. MIS Q. 38(1), 143–163 (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.Liao, X., Li, Z., Xi, Y.: Modeling and analyzing methods of user-innovation knowledge in enterprise communities based on weighted knowledge network. Syst. Eng. Theor. Pract. 2016(1), 94–105 (2016)Google Scholar
- 29.Xi, Y.-J., Dang, Y.Z.: The discovery and representation methods of expert domain knowledge based on knowledge network. Syst. Eng. 23(8), 110–115 (2005)Google Scholar
- 30.Xi, Y.-J., Dang, Y.Z.: Knowledge supernetwork model and its application in organizational knowledge systems. J. Manag. Sci. China 12(3), 12–21 (2009)Google Scholar
- 38.Hung, C.L., Chou, J.C.L., Shu, K.Y.: Searching for lead users in the context of web 2.0. In: IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology, pp. 344–349 (2008)Google Scholar
- 39.Hippel, E V.: Innovation by User Communities: Learning From Open-Source Software. Mit Sloan Manag. Rev. 42(4), 82–86 (2001)Google Scholar