Application of Typical Set on Automatic Counting of Round Brilliant Cut Gems
Counting is an important part of gems trade, especially in large quantities. To develop a fast and automatic method for gems counting is necessary. According to the structure of round brilliant cut gem and the typical set property, typical gems were defined by high circularity and probability. Using the characters of typical gems and the relationship between number and area, gems were counted adaptively. The experiments were shown that the processing speed was fast and the accuracy of counting was high enough for large number of gems trading.
KeywordsTypical set Gems Round brilliant cut Image processing Counting
The authors extend thanks to Zhenming Yu for helpful discussions and to the reviewers of IGTA2016 for providing comments to improve the manuscript. This work was supported by the Key Project of Wuzhou University Scientific Research under Grant No. 2015B008, and the Project of Wuzhou Scientific Research and Technology Development under Grant No. 2014A05003.
- 1.Kun, W., Shuli, Z., Lin, Z., et al.: Enduring gem processing industry in Wuzhou. Superhard Mater. Eng. 23(6), 54–58 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Shi, B., Yuan, X.: Study on emulation model and principle of optical effect of round brilliant cut diamond. J. Gems Gemmol. 9(2), 8–12 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Chaudhury, B., Kramer, K., Elozory, D., et al.: A novel algorithm for automated counting of stained cells. In: Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (2012). doi: 10.1109/CBMS.2012.6266296
- 5.Kothari, S., Chaudry, Q., Wang, M.D., et al.: Automated cell counting and cluster segmentation using concavity detection and ellipse fitting techniques. In: Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, pp. 795–799. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, P., Yuan, X., Shi, B., et al.: Study on measuring brilliance of round brilliant cut cubic zirconia under ring light. J. Gems Gemmol. 16(1), 62–69 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Pan, M.: Research on features of round brilliant cut gemstones of stochastic equilibrium. Sci. Technol. Eng. 28(15), 170–173, 178 (2015)Google Scholar