Virtual 3-D Walkthrough for Intelligent Emergency Response
After various cases of terrorist-attacks and other emergency situations across the globe; the need towards the development of virtual 3D walkthrough for the important premises are progressively on the rise (Lee, Zlatanova, A 3D data model and topological analyses for emergency response in urban areas, ). In contrast to the conventional 2D layout of the premises; the 3D modeling adds another dimension to make a quick and intelligent emergency response to such situations. Modern 3D modeling and game development tools have given the capability to rapid development of such applications with near real-time rendering capacity. In this paper, we examine the potential of using virtual 3D walkthrough for the important installations that aim at facilitating the security personnel and decision-makers to effectively carryout their training, strategic and operational task in case of emergency or otherwise.
KeywordsComputer graphics 3D walkthrough Emergency response Safety and security
- 1.J. Lee, S. Zlatanova, ‘A 3D data model and topological analyses for emergency response in urban areas’.Google Scholar
- 2.Nikos A, Spyros V and Themis P, ‘Using virtual reality techniques for the simulation of physics experiments’, Proceeding of the 4th Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics International Conference, Orlando, Florida, USA, 2000, pp 611.Google Scholar
- 3.Kuang Yang, Jiang Jie, Shen Haihui, ‘Study on the Virtual Natural Landscape Walkthrough by Using Unity 3D’, IEEE International Symposium on Virtual Reality Innovation 2011 19–20 March, Singapore.Google Scholar
- 4.Kuang Yang, Jiang Jie, ‘The designing of training simulation system based on unity 3D’, Int. Con. on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation (ICICTA), 2011, Issue Date: 28–29 March 2011.Google Scholar
- 5.Ziguang Sun, Qin Wang, Zengfang Zhang, ‘Interactive walkthrough of the virtual campus based on vrml’.Google Scholar