Security Enhancement of Digital Watermarking
This chapter discusses the security enhancement applications of digital watermarking in various technologies. Furthermore, the combination of watermarking technology with other computer security technologies such as biometric and cryptography is discussed. This chapter discusses the remaining issues in the digital watermarking science.
KeywordsFace Image Digital Watermark Watermark Embedding Fingerprint Image Watermark Technique
- 1.Donoho, D.L., et al. 2002. Multiscale stepping-stone detection: Detecting pairs of jittered interactive streams by exploiting maximum tolerable delay. In Recent advances in intrusion detection. Springer.Google Scholar
- 2.Faundez-Zanuy, M., M. Hagmüller, and G. Kubin. 2006. Speaker verification security improvement by means of speech watermarking. Speech Communication 48(12): 1608–1619.Google Scholar
- 4.Hämmerle-Uhl, J., K. Raab, and A. Uhl. 2011. Watermarking as a means to enhance biometric systems: A critical survey. In Information hiding. Springer.Google Scholar
- 7.Bartlow, N., et al. 2007. Protecting iris images through asymmetric digital watermarking. In 2007 IEEE Workshop on automatic identification advanced technologies. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Huber, R., H. Stögner, and A. Uhl. 2011. Two-factor biometric recognition with integrated tamper-protection watermarking. In Communications and multimedia security. Springer.Google Scholar
- 9.Satonaka, T. 2002. Biometric watermark authentication with multiple verification rule. In Proceedings of the 2002 12th IEEE workshop on neural networks for signal processing, 2002. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 10.Nematollahi, M.A., H. Gamboa-Rosales, F.J. Martinez-Ruiz, I. Jose, S.A.R. Al-Haddad, and M. Esmaeilpour. 2016. Multi-factor authentication model based on multipurpose speech watermarking and online speaker recognition. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 1–31.Google Scholar
- 11.Lien, N.T.H. 2009. Echo hiding using exponential time-spread Echo Kernel and its applications to audio digital watermarking and speaker recognition. Tokyo Institute of Technology.Google Scholar
- 14.Vielhauer, C., et al. 2006. Multimodal speaker authentication–evaluation of recognition performance of watermarked references. In Proceedings of the 2nd workshop on multimodal user authentication (MMUA), Toulouse, France.Google Scholar
- 15.Zhe-Ming, L., Y. Bin, and S. Sheng-He. 2005. Watermarking combined with CELP speech coding for authentication. IEICE Transactions on Information and systems 88(2): 330–334.Google Scholar
- 16.Ratha, N.K., J.H. Connell, and R.M. Bolle. 2000. Secure data hiding in wavelet compressed fingerprint images. In Proceedings of the 2000 ACM workshops on multimedia. ACM.Google Scholar
- 17.Vatsa, M., et al. 2004. Comparing robustness of watermarking algorithms on biometrics data. In Proceedings of the workshop on biometric challenges from theory to practice-ICPR workshop.Google Scholar
- 19.Fouad, M., A. El Saddik, and E. Petriu. 2010. Combining dwt and lsb watermarking to secure revocable iris templates. In 2010 10th International conference on information sciences signal processing and their applications (ISSPA). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 20.Khan, M.K., L. Xie, and J. Zhang. 2007. Robust hiding of fingerprint-biometric data into audio signals. In Advances in biometrics, 702–712. Springer.Google Scholar
- 21.Park, K.R., et al. 2007. A study on iris feature watermarking on face data. In Adaptive and natural computing algorithms, 415–423. Springer.Google Scholar
- 25.Ghouzali, S. 2015. Watermarking based multi-biometric fusion approach. In Codes, cryptology, and information security, 342–351. Springer.Google Scholar
- 26.Sheetal Chaudhary, R.N. 2015. A new multimodal biometric recognition system integrating Iris, face and voice. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 5(4): 145–150.Google Scholar
- 27.Soltane, M., N. Doghmane, and N. Guersi. 2010. Face and speech based multi-modal biometric authentication. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology 21(6): 41–56.Google Scholar
- 28.Wang, S., et al. 2013. Augmenting remote multimodal person verification by embedding voice characteristics into face images. In 2013 IEEE International conference on multimedia and expo workshops (ICMEW). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 29.Gordon, G. and W. Iii. 2008. Quantum watermarking by frequency of error when observing qubits in dissimilar bases.Google Scholar
- 30.Panah, A.S., R. van Schyndel, T. Sellis, and E. Bertino. 2016. On the properties of non-media digital watermarking: a review of state of the art techniques.Google Scholar
- 32.Nakamoto, S. 2008. Bitcoin: a Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. [Online]. http://www.cryptovest.co.uk/resources/Bitcoin%20paper%20Original.pdf.
- 33.Rosenfeld, M. 2012. Overview of colored coins, white paper. [Online]. https://bitcoil.co.il.
- 34.Leigh, D. 2016. A test bed for data hiding in financial transactions. [Online]. http://www.dylanleigh.net/portfolio/s3017239-summer-summary.pdf.
- 35.Petitcolas, F.A., R.J. Anderson, and M.G. Kuhn. 1998. Attacks on copyright marking systems. In Information hiding. Springer.Google Scholar
- 37.Kalker, T. 2001. Considerations on watermarking security. In 2001 IEEE Fourth Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 38.Petitcolas, F.A. (2004). Stirmark benchmark 4.0.Google Scholar
- 40.Obaid, A.H. 2015. Information hiding techniques for steganography and digital watermarking. UDC 681.518 (04) INTERACTIVE S < STEMS: Problems of human-computer interaction. Collection of scientific papers, 306 p, 63. Ulyanovsk: USTU.Google Scholar
- 41.Chandramouli, R., M. Kharrazi, and N. Memon. 2003. Image steganography and steganalysis: Concepts and practice. In Digital watermarking, 35–49. Springer.Google Scholar
- 42.Linnartz, J.-P.M. and M. Van Dijk. 1998. Analysis of the sensitivity attack against electronic watermarks in images. In Information hiding. Springer.Google Scholar