A Dynamic Traffic Data Visualization System with OpenStreetMap
This paper proposes a dynamic traffic data visualization system with OpenStreetMap (OSM). The system connects server database to client web browser by a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to access remote traffic data. In order to reduce the computation consumption of the server, the traffic estimation and prediction from large datasets is analyzed in the client. We implement a Graphic Processing Unit (GPU) programming technology to implement the data mining process in parallel for real-time approach. To provide an intuitive interface to the users, the system renders the data mining results with the OSM mid-ware, which provides geographic data of the world.
KeywordsTraffic visualization TCP/IP GPU programming Data mining Openstreetmap
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61503005), and by SRF for ROCS, SEM.
- 1.Song W, Wu D, Fong S et al (2015) A real-time interactive data mining and visualization system using parallel computing. In: The tenth international conference on digital information management, pp 10–13Google Scholar
- 2.Chen B, Sun W, Vodacek A (2014) Improving image-based characterization of road junctions, widths, and connectivity by leveraging OpenStreetMap vector map. In: IEEE international geoscience and remote sensing symposium, pp 4958–4961Google Scholar
- 4.Kopeć A, Bała J, Pięta A (2015) WebGL based visualisation and analysis of stratigraphic data for the purposes of the mining industry. Proc Comput Sci 51:2869–2877Google Scholar
- 6.Mohamed MG, Shonali K, Brett G et al (2013) Interactive self-adaptive clutter-aware visualisation for mobile data mining. J Comput Syst Sci 79:369–382Google Scholar
- 8.Rifat MR, Moutushy S, Ahmed SI, Ferdous HS (2011) Location based information system using OpenStreetMap. In: IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development, pp 397–402Google Scholar