A Surveillance System Using CNN for Face Recognition with Object, Human and Face Detection
Recently, surveillance system plays an important role in solving several crimes by replacing human to watch monitors. Not only many functions are complicatedly integrated to a system but also a system is evolved to capture statistical data to extract useful information. But integrating many functions should be considered to make it have reduced processing time because a system has limited processing ability. If a system considers moving objects, it could reduce processing time because surveillance system normally has static background that is useless information. People and face detection are performed in detected objects. Detected faces are recognized using CNN(Convolutional Neural Network). The processing time of the proposed system is reduced and true rate of face recognition is 72.7% under varying distance from 2m to 5m.
KeywordsSurveillance CNN Face recognition Object detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jeon, B.J.: Industrial Trend on Visual Observation of Domestic and Foreign Intelligent CCTV. J. TTA 142, 50–55 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Kang, J.H.: Detection of Intrusion, Sudden running, Loitering for Intelligent Video Surveillance System. Hanbat National University (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Yuan, W., Lixiu, Y., Fuqiang, Z.: A real time fingerprint recognition system based on novel fingerprint matching strategy. In: Proc. IEEE Electronic Measurement and Instruments, pp. 81–85 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Abdel-Hamid, O., Mohamed, A., Jiang, H., Penn, G.: Applying convolutional neural networks concepts to hybrid NN-HMM model for speech recognition. In: Proc. IEEE Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 4277–4280 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Grimson, W.E.L., Stauffer, C., Romano, R., Lee, L.: Using adaptive tracking to classify and monitor activities in a site. In: Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Stauffer, C., Grimson, W.E.L.: Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking. In: Proc. IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 2 (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Kaewtrakulpong, P., Bowden, R.: An improved adaptive background mixture model for realtime tracking with shadow detection. In: Proc. 2nd European Workshop on Advanced Video Based Surveillance Systems (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Dalal, N., Triggs, B.: Histograms of oriented gradients for human detection. In: Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 886–893 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Viola, P.A., Jones, M.J.: Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features. In: IEEE CVPR (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.Byeon, Y.H., Kwak, K.C.: Performance comparison of distance-based face recognition using CNN. In: KISM Fall Conference, vol. 4(2), pp. 338–339 (2015)Google Scholar