Factors Influencing Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning Adoption in SMEs
- 3.4k Downloads
Cloud ERP systems are continuously replacing the implementation of traditional ERP systems within the enterprise industry, as a result of the cloud-based ERP system’s ability to exploit the internet’s continuity. The increased reliability of cloud infrastructures have made it economically feasible to deliver ERP systems over the internet, at less risk than that involved with traditional ERP implementation, allowing for the transfer of maintenance and support to the vendor. A cloud-based ERP system also enables small and medium-sized budget organizations to access incredibly robust technology at an affordable cost, and at a low cost of ownership, with quick deployment and a fast return of investment. However, the factors that are significant to influencing the adoption of SMEs are still unclear. As a result, this research paper discusses various potential factors from different researchers that can influence the adoption of a cloud-based ERP system among SMEs enterprises.
KeywordsCloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) SMEs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 14.Plummer, D.C., Middleton, P., Cain, M.W., Clark, W., Rold, C.D., Dominy, M., Feiman, J., Gartenberg, M., Lopez, J., Notardonato, S., Pescatore, J., Prentice, B., Prentice, S., Tay, G.: Summary Report for Gartner’s Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users, 2012 and Beyond: Control Slips Away. Gartner, Inc. (2011)Google Scholar
- 15.Aisyah, S.S.: Cloud ERP Adoption-A Process View Approach. Information Systems School, Queensland University of Technology, Australia (2013)Google Scholar
- 16.Lopez-Nicolas, C., Molina-Castillo, F.J., Bouwman, H.: An assessment of advanced mobile service acceptance: Contributios from Tam and diffusion theory model. Journal of Inoformation & Management (2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Lan, W., Lee, Y.T.: Exploring decisive factors affecting an orgqnizations SaaS adoption: A case study. International Journal of Infomration Management (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Arnesen, S.: Is Cloud Erp Solution Right For You. Strategic Finance 95(2), 45–50 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Kvale, S., Brinkmann, S.: Interviews: learning the craft of qualitative research interviewing, 3rd edn. SAGE Publication (2014)Google Scholar
- 20.Michel, S.: Capture More Value. Harvard Business Review, October 2014 (2004); Ostling, F., Fredriksson, J.: Adoption factors for cloud based enterprise resource (2012)Google Scholar
- 24.Hagel, J.: Out of the box: Strategies for Achieving Profit Today and Growth Tomorrow through Web Services. Harvard Business Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 30.Ivanov, I.I.: Cloud Computing in Education: The Intersection of Challenges and Opportunities. Web Information Systems and Technologies 101(1), 3–16 (2012)Google Scholar