Planning in Dynamic, Distributed and Non-automatized Production Systems
- 3.3k Downloads
We present a framework for realization of a decentralized decision support system for deployment in production scenarios with a low level of automation, such as in multi-site construction. Furthermore we present the insights concerning the improvements of the production process when applying online simulation based optimization methods in that scenarios. Our solution shows how to realize a central control and decision support station with special focus on easy connection to the possible multiple construction sites and on high usability for nonexperts. Our framework is able to connect to a large number of modeling, simulation and analysis tools. For sake of usability it turned out, that only dialogue-based communication with the end user seems applicable in those scenarios, where often only simple devices are present.
KeywordsMulti-site construction Decision support Predictive simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pohle, K., Gottwald, F.-J.: Baustellenmanagement: Einsparpotenziale, Trends und Strategien. In: Technical report, MANAGEMENT ENGINEERS, VDMA Arbeitsgemeinschaft Grossanlagenbau (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Taghezout, N., Bessedik, I., Adla, A.: Application to resource allocation problems in a flow-shop manufacturing system. Journal of Decision Systems 20(4), 443–466 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Becker, M., Szczerbicka, H.: Integration of multi-class queueing networks in generalised stochastic petri nets. In: 2001 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 2, pp. 1137–1142 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Becker, M., Balci, S., Szczerbicka, H.: Predictive simulation based support system for resource failure management in multi-site production environments. In: 2014 International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies (CoDIT), pp. 526–530. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Lütjen, M., Karimi, H.-R.: Approach of port inventory control system for the offshore installation of wind turbines. In: Chung, J.S., Langen, I., Hong, S.Y., Prinsenberg, S.J. (eds.) The Proceedings of The Twenty-second (2012) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference (ISOPE). Renewable Energy (Offshore Wind and Ocean), International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers (ISOPE), Cupertino, California, USA, pp. 502–508 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Becker, M., Balci, S., Szczerbicka, H.: A framework for decision support in systems with a low level of automation. In: International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, CIE45Google Scholar