Dice Index with Algebraic Product and Minimum t-Norm for Ranking Fuzzy Numbers
In fuzzy environments, the ranking of fuzzy numbers (RFNs) is important for solving decision-making problems. Many ranking methods have been developed based on various techniques but no method can provide satisfactory solution to every situation and case. Some methods lack in certain aspects such as inconsistency with human intuition, non-discriminating results and difficulty of interpretation. In this paper, fuzzy preference relation ranking methods based on Dice index with algebraic product and minimum t-norm are proposed. The procedure of the ranking methods involves six steps which are determining fuzzy maximum and fuzzy minimum, intersection and union of fuzzy numbers (FNs), scalar cardinality of FNs, fuzzy evidences and total fuzzy evidences. The findings show that the type of t-norm used affects the ranking results of some FNs.
KeywordsDecision making Dice index Fuzzy numbers (FNs) Ranking fuzzy numbers (RFNs)
The presentation of this paper is supported by the Department of Research & Industrial Linkages (PJI), Universiti Teknologi MARA Pahang under Tabung Penyelidikan Am.
- Dubois D, Prade H (1980) Fuzzy sets and systems: theory and applications. Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Gao X, Wang G (2009) A new method for ranking fuzzy numbers—Endpoint method. In: 6th International conference on fuzzy systems and knowledge discovery, FSKD 2009, vol 5, pp 145–149. doi: 10.1109/FSKD.2009.696
- Kaufmann A, Gupta MM, Kaufmann A (1985) Introduction to fuzzy arithmetic: theory and application. Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Keresztfalvi T (1991) t-norm based product of LR fuzzy numbers. http://www.polytech.univ-savoie.fr/fileadmin/polytech_autres_sites/sites/listic/busefal/Papers/49.zip/49_03.pdf
- Lu H-W, Wang CB (2005) An index for ranking fuzzy numbers by belief feature. Int J Inf Manage Sci 16(3):57–70. http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=17153629
- Meza LA, Gomes EG, Soares de Mello JCCB, Neto LB (2009) Different T-norms for DEA-fuzzy efficiency computations. In: XV international conference on industrial engineering and operations management, pp 1–12. http://www.alice.cnptia.embrapa.br/bitstream/doc/659436/1/DifferentTnorms.pdf
- Ramli N, Mohamad NH, Mohamad M, Shohaimay F (2013) Jaccard index with yager class t-norm for ranking fuzzy numbers. Int J Undergraduates Stud 2(3):9–14Google Scholar
- Setnes M, Cross V (1997) Compatibility-based ranking of fuzzy numbers. In: 1997 annual meeting of the north american fuzzy information processing society—NAFIPS (Cat. No.97TH8297). doi: 10.1109/NAFIPS.1997.624057
- Shohaimay F, Ramli N, Mohamed SR (2012) Fuzzy evaluation in IT supplier selection. In: IEEE Symposium on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE), pp 94–98. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6482076
- Wang LX (1997) A course in fuzzy systems and control. Prentice-Hall, Englewood CliffsGoogle Scholar
- Xu C-L, Wei L-L (2009) A new method for ranking fuzzy numbers based on area of a triangle. In: 2009 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, vol 1. IEEE, pp 532–536. doi: 10.1109/ICMLC.2009.5212525