Performance Analysis of 2-Point Explicit Group (2-EG) Method for Solving Second-Order Composite Closed Newton-Cotes Quadrature System
In this paper, the effectiveness of 2-Point Explicit Group (2-EG) iterative method with second-order composite closed Newton-Cotes (2-CCNC) quadrature scheme for solving second kind linear Fredholm integral equations is investigated. The formulation and implementation of the proposed method are presented. In addition, computational complexity analysis and numerical results of test examples are also included to verify the performance of the proposed method.
KeywordsComputational complexity Dense system Fredholm equation Iterative solver Quadrature scheme
The first author gratefully acknowledges the financial support from the Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS for this research work.
- Muthuvalu MS, Sulaiman J (2011) Half-Sweep Arithmetic Mean method with composite trapezoidal scheme for solving linear Fredholm integral equations. Appl Math Comput 217(12):5442–5448Google Scholar
- Muthuvalu MS, Sulaiman J (2013) The Quarter-Sweep Geometric Mean method for solving second kind linear Fredholm integral equations. Bull Malays Math Sci Soc 36(4):1009–1026Google Scholar
- Muthuvalu MS, Dass SC, Guan BH, Ching DLC, Sulaiman J (2014) Numerical solutions for linear Fredholm integral equations of the second kind using 2-Point Half-Sweep Explicit Group method. In: Zin WZW et al. (eds) Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on mathematical sciences. AIP Publishing LLC, New York, pp 186–191Google Scholar
- Wang W (2006) A new mechanical algorithm for solving the second kind of Fredholm integral equation. Appl Math Comput 172(2):946–962Google Scholar
- Zhong X-C (2013) A new Nyström-type method for Fredholm integral equations of the second kind. Appl Math Comput 219(17):8842–8847Google Scholar