Robot Partner—Are Friends Electric?
- Stefan DoepnerAffiliated withf18institut, Cirkulacija 2
- , Urška JurmanAffiliated withf18institut, Cirkulacija 2
This text examines Doepner’s individually realized works as well as his works within different art collectives from the early 1990s up until today, work that spans the broad field of technology-based art: Van Gogh TV/Piazza Virtuale; Ikit; Playground Robotics: When Robots Play; When Robots Draw: At The Borderline Between Human and Machine; Robot Partner; Living Rooms—Happy End of the 21st Century; Automated Table Modification; DrillBot; NoiseBot, and others. The text focuses on Doepner’s artistic explorations of today’s prevalent reception, use and impact of technology as a materialization of certain systems and techniques that critically influence our daily lives.
- Robot Partner—Are Friends Electric?
- Book Title
- Robots and Art
- Book Subtitle
- Exploring an Unlikely Symbiosis
- Book Part
- Part VI
- pp 403-423
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Cognitive Science and Technology
- Series ISSN
- Springer Singapore
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media Singapore
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. Faculty of Edu.,Sci, Tech and Maths, University of Canberra
- 3. Lab, School of Design and Art, Curtin University, Alternate Anatomies
- 4. Lab, School of Design and Art, Curtin University, Alternate Anatomies
- Author Affiliations
- 5. f18institut, Cirkulacija 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.