Posture Recognition Using Sensing Blocks
- 1.4k Downloads
Posture recognition has been investigated in a variety of fields including medicine, HCI, and video games. In particular, it is important to improve the generality and recognition speed of posture recognition to improve the user experience in diverse kinds of user environments. This paper proposes a posture recognition algorithm with high generality and recognition speed. The algorithm is able to recognize a variety of postures, regardless of the number of joints recognized in human skeleton data. Furthermore, experimental results show that the method can quickly process a large quantity of data and recognize 22 postures in real time.
KeywordsPosture recognition Human-computer interface Pattern recognition Support vector machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Omelina, L., Jansen, B., Bonnechère, B., Jan, S. V.S-, Cornelis, J.: Serious games for physical rehabilitation: designing highly configurable and adaptable games. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Disability, Virtual Reality and Associated Technologies (ICDVRAT 2012), pp. 195–201 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Pirani, E.Z., Kolte, M.: Gesture Based Educational Software for Children with Acquired Brain Injuries. International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering 2(3), 790–794 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, Z., Liu, Y., Li, A., Wang, M.: A novel method for user-defined human posture recognition using kinect. In: The 2014 7th International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, pp. 736–740 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Patsadu, O., Nukoolkit, C., Watanapa, B.: Human gesture recognition using Kinect camera. In: 2012 International Joint Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (JCSSE), pp. 28–32 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Le, T.-L., Nguyen, M.-Q., Nguyen, T.-T.-M.: Human posture recognition using human skeleton provided by Kinect. In: 2013 International Conference on Computing, Management and Telecommunications (ComManTel), pp. 340–345 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Unity-Game Engine: http://unity3d.com/
- 7.Accord.NET-Machine Learning Framework: http://accord-framework.net/