Angryblackscholar: Unpacking White Privilege as A Black Female Unapologetically Claiming and Asserting my Right to Live my Dreams
Part of the Personal/Public Scholarship book series (PEPUSCH)
Being invited to write this piece required much self-reflection and internal and mental struggle. It is an opportunity to own my anger (and rage) and give some insights into my lived experiences.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cose, E. (1994). The rage of a privileged class: Why are middle-class Blacks angry? Why should America care? New York, NY: Harper Perennial.Google Scholar
- Crenshaw, K. (1989). Demarginalizing the intersection of race and sex: A Black feminist critique of antidiscrimination doctrine, feminist theory and antiracist politics. University of Chicago Legal Forum, 1989(1), 139–167.Google Scholar
- Ford, D. Y. (2010). Reversing underachievement among gifted Black students (2nd ed.). Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.Google Scholar
- Ford, D. Y. (2013). Recruiting and retaining culturally different students in gifted education. Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.Google Scholar
- Ford, D. Y., Davis, J., Trotman, S. M., & Sealey-Ruiz, Y. (2017). Gumbo for the soul: Liberating memoirs and stories to inspire females of color. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.Google Scholar
- Hardiman, R. (1982). White identity development: A process oriented model for describing the racial consciousness of White Americans (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest. (No. AAI8210330)Google Scholar
- Kena, G., Hussar, W., McFarland, J., de Brey, C., Musu-Gillette, L., Wang, X., Zhang, J., Rathbun, A., Wilkinson-Flicker, S., Diliberti, M., Barmer, A., Bullock, M. F., & Dunlop, V. E. (2016). Condition of education 2016. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved from https://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/Google Scholar
- McIntosh, P. (1990). White privilege: Unpacking the invisible knapsack. Independent School, 49(2), 31–35. Retrieved from http://people.westminstercollege.edu/faculty/jsibbett/readings/White_Privilege.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Sue, D. (2010). Microaggressions in everyday life: Race, gender, and sexual orientation. New York, NY: Wiley.Google Scholar
© Sense Publishers 2017