The ‘Mantle Underground’
- 336 Downloads
Since 2009 the author, a university lecturer, has worked with a number of teachers from around New Zealand (mostly from primary but some from early childhood, intermediate, high, tertiary and community contexts) to develop a distinct informal teaching and learning community—nicknamed by some of its own members, the ‘Mantle Underground’.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abbott, L. (2009). Weaving our stories: Keynote address to the International mantle of the expert conference. Hamilton, New Zealand.Google Scholar
- Aitken, V. (2013). Dorothy Heathcote’s Mantle of the Expert approach to teaching and learning: A brief introduction. In B. Whyte, D. Fraser, & V. Aitken (Eds.), Connecting curriculum, linking learning (pp. 34–56). Wellington, New Zealand: NZCER.Google Scholar
- Edmiston, B. (2014). Transforming teaching and learning with active and dramatic approaches. London, England: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Fraser, D., Aitken, V., Price, G., & Whyte, B. (2012). Connecting curriculum connecting learning: Negotiation and the arts. Summary report. Retrieved from http://www.tlri.org.nz/tlriresearch/research-completed/school-sector/connecting-curriculum-connecting-learning-negotiation
- Fraser, D., Aitken, V., & Whyte, B. (2013). Connecting curriculum, linking learning. Wellington, New Zealand: NZCER.Google Scholar
- Heathcote, D., & Bolton, G. (1994). Drama for learning: Dorothy Heathcote’s Mantle of the Expert approach to Education. London, England: Routledge.Google Scholar
- McGregor, D., Anderson, D., Baskerville, D., & Gain, P. (2014). How does drama support learning about the nature of science: Contrasting narratives from the UK and NZ. In ESERA Conference Proceedings 2013, 6, Retrieved from http://www.esera.org/media/esera2013/Debra_McGregor_16Feb2014.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Mantle of the Expert Aotearoa. (n.d.) Website. Retrieved from www.mantleoftheexpert.co.nz
- Ministry of Education. (n.d.) ‘Effective pedagogy’ TKI website. Retrieved from http://nzcurriculum.tki.org.nz/Curriculum-stories/Media-gallery/Effective-pedagogy/Mantle-of-theexpert
- Rudduck, J. (1992). Universities in partnership with schools and school systems: Les liaisons dangereuses? In M. Fullen (Ed.), Teacher development and educational change (pp. 194–212). Abingdon, England: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Stoate, G. (2013). The dialogic aspects of Mantle of the Expert pedagogy used to teach devising at NCEA level 2 in a year 12 classroom: “I don’t think it’s about credits—definitely not about credits”. Masters Thesis, The University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand. Retrieved from http://researchcommons.waikato.ac.nz/handle/10289/7963
- Swanson, C. (2015) Positioned as expert scientists: Working in Mantle-of-the-Expert at Yr 7–8. Doctoral Thesis, The University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand. Retrieved from http://researchcommons.waikato.ac.nz/handle/10289/9974Google Scholar