- 228 Downloads
It’s a beautiful spring day in 2014 when I walk back into East Side High School. I have been on family medical leave for months caring for a sick family member and although I have kept up with the residents I know that it’s a far cry from seeing what is actually happening in the classroom.
KeywordsTeacher Education Science Teacher Preservice Teacher Education Professional Development Workshop Generation Science Standard
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Burnett, T.B. (20 July 2014). T Bone Burnett: How I set lyrics for Bob Dylan’s new Basement Tapes to music. The Guardian. Retrieved from http://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2014/jul/20/lyrics-bob-dylan-new-basement-tapes-t-bone-burnett
- Greene, M. (2010). Prologue to art, social imagination and action. Journal of educational controversy 5(1), 1–2.Google Scholar
- Kyse, E. N., Arnold-Berkovits, I., Bentley, S., Oshman, M., & Lyman, C. (2014). Newark-Montclair urban teaching residency (NMUTR): Year 4 (2012–2013) Evaluation Report. Montclair, NJ: Center for Research and Evaluation on Education and Human Services.Google Scholar
- McDonald, J. P. (1996). Redesigning school: Lessons for the twenty first century. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.Google Scholar
- McDonald, J. P., Buchanan, J., & Sterling, R. (2004). The national writing project: Scaling up and scaling down. In T. K. Glennan, S. J. Bodilly, J. R. Galegher & K. A. Kerr (Eds.), Expanding the reach of education reforms, (pp. 81–105). Washington (DC), WA: Rand.Google Scholar
- Papay, J. P. (2007). Aspen institute datasheet: The teaching workforce. Washington (DC), WA: The Aspen Institute.Google Scholar
- Robertson-Kraft, C., & Duckworth, A. L. (2014). True-Grit: Trait Level perseverance and passion for long-term goals predicts effectiveness and retention among novice teachers. Teachers College Record, 116, 1–27.Google Scholar
- Russakoff, D. (2014, May 19). Schooled. The New Yorker. Retrieved from http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/05/19/140519fa_factu sakoff?currentPage=all
- Zeichner, K., & Pena-Sandoval C. (2015). Venture philanthropy and teacher education policy in the U.S.: The role of the new schools venture fund. Teachers College Record, 117(6), 1–24. Retrieved from http://www.tcrecord.org (ID Number: 17539)