Welcome to My Nightmare is the first track and name of a 1975 concept album by Alice Cooper has a sequence of songs that form a journey through the nightmares of a child named Steven. Cooper sings “Welcome to my nightmare./ Welcome to my breakdown./I hope I didn’t scare you./That’s just the way we are/When we come down./We sweat, laugh and scream here,/Cuz life is just a dream here”
KeywordsPoverty Rate Charter School Education Spending Afterschool Program Teacher Union
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abramson, L. (2011). In Teaching pink slips are a way of life, National Public Radio, http://www.npr.org/2011/06/15/137090661/in-teaching-pink-slips-are-a-way-of-life.
- Besley AC, Peters MA. Subjectivity and truth: Foucault, education and the culture of self. New York: Peter Lang; 2007.Google Scholar
- Bruce, M. (2011). Wisconsin teachers protested budget, union cuts. ABC News, http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wisconsin-protests-news-wisconsin-governor-scott-walkers-proposal/story?id=12942012#.Tt7mtL8z3Zc.
- Censky, A. (2011). Poverty rates rise in America. CNNMoney, http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/13/news/economy/poverty_rate_income/index.htm.
- Line, M. (2011). Providence plans to pink slip all teachers. Liveshots, http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/02/24/providence-plans-to-pink-slip-all-teachers/#ixzz1evnTU63G.
- O'Malley, B. (2010). Education under attack: A global study on targeted political and military violence against education staff, students, teachers, union and government officials, and institutions. Paris: UNESCO. http://www.unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0018/001868/186809e.pdf.
- Reich, R. (2010). American education under attack. Christian Science Monitor, http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Robert-Reich/2010/1223/American-education-under-attack.
- Todd, C. (2009). Understanding Obama's education vision. FirstRead on MSNBC, http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2009/03/12/4424745-understanding-obamas-education-vision.
- Websites:Google Scholar
- ABC News (2011). http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/state&id=6710423.
- Alice Cooper, Welcome to my nightmare lyrics. http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/alice-cooper-lyrics/welcome-to-my-nightmare-lyrics.html.
- CBS News (2011). http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/16/national/main20043778.shtml.
- Congressional Budget Office (October, 2011). Trends in the distribution of household income between 1979 and 2007. http://www.cbo.gov/doc.cfm?index=12485.
- Office of the President-Elect. Agenda – Education, The Obama-Biden Plan, Change.Gov. http://change.gov/agenda/education_agenda/.
- Occupy Wall Street, Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street.
- Reason TV (2011). 3 reasons Obama's education vision deserves an F. Big Government. http://biggovernment.com/reasontv/2010/10/09/3-reasons-obamas-education-vision-deserves-an-f/.
- Telegraph (2011). Universities in Texas 'to allow students to carry guns on campus'. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8338805/Universities-in-Texas-to-allow-students-to-carry-guns-on-campus.html
- US Census Bureau (2011). The 2012 Statistical Abstract: Income, expenditures, poverty, & wealth. http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/income_expenditures_poverty_wealth.html.